King of Shadows

Summary:
———————
In search of the second
golden weapon and Kai
still misses his sister.

In their last mission, the ninja had found one of the four golden weapons – the Scythe of Quakes

In their last mission, the ninja had found one of the four golden weapons – the Scythe of Quakes. The next weapon to find was the Shurikens of Ice, which can only be acquired by sailing through the Frozen Wasteland. Each ninja was doing their own thing; Cole was steering the boat, Zane was busy trying to locate where exactly where they, Master Wu was balancing himself on the edge in front of the boat and Kai laid on the ground looking up at the sky.

The whole place was covered in ice and snow – unsurprisingly. He couldn't stop thinking about this last couple of days. He met a random old man, his sister was kidnaped by some dumb Lord he couldn't care less, the already mentioned old man happened to be looking for him because "he had the fire in him" or something like that, he doesn't remember. He trained and met his other students – they seemed nice enough and now they were here.

Admittedly, he misses his sister. Not having her constant nagging and snarky remarks was weird. They could have been in the forge making swords or something – anything really. Guilt is his only motivator right now, he needs to save Nya. She's probably fine, she alway is. She doesn't need him to protect her but... that's his sister!

His thoughts were cut short thanks to both [name] and Jay jumping over him. 'I'm sorry, what?' He stood up – sitting, staring at them. "Are they seriously doing it?" Kai ask outloud. Cole only grunted, "Just ignore them, Jay will lose eventually" He's eyebrows twitch, looking quite confused. That's interesting.

They keep running around the deck of the boat, [name] gracefully still evading Jay's attempts to catch them. 'Yeah, I can see why he said that.' Looking at Jay get so close to grab their hand only for them to move at the very last second making him stumble – almost falling down. Leaning down with his hands on his knees, gasping loudly. [name] walked to him, "Don't worry, I'm fine. I just need a minute." Walking, throwing himself at Kai's side. "Gonna be honest, I didn't think you guys would actually play tag when you ask me what you should do." "In my defense, I was really bored."

[name] just looked between the two boys. Waiting for Jay to recompose himself, they glance around. Not much to appreciate giving the place they were. "Come on, [name]. Let's bother Cole for a while."

𐦍

"Okay. I spy with my little eye something...white!" Both teens were leaning on the railings on Cole's left side.

"The snow."

"No. Guess again."

"Master Wu 's kimono."

"Go again."

Cole sighs, 'Okay. This isn't helping' Giving them the idea of playing I spy didn't distract them, like at all. "Could you try to be quiet for once? This ain't easy." He explained to Jay, taking out one of his hands off the helm, making the boat shake. Jay only grunted. "I spy something broken!" [name] walk to Cole, pointing at the helm. Scrunching his nose, confused by their action. "What 's wrong?" She kept pointing at the wheel.