Snakebit

Summary:
—————
Jay's family is here
and the ninja have a
new HQ.

The desert was singed-brown, and scrawling sounds filled the air

The desert was singed-brown, and scrawling sounds filled the air. The land was flat and barren. Only the odd brittle bush broke up the emptiness of the desert. The rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky.

Master Wu was the first to wake up, or so he thought. As he walked towards the main deck of the Destiny's Bounty – a red airship resembling a Dragon that Zane had found, he saw a silhouette. [name] stood on the Bounty's bowsprit, looking ahead at the land. He approached her with a light frown, skillfully jumping to stand beside her.

They stood in silence, and a screaming hawk flew overhead.

"This is not your fault." He said after a while, looking ahead, but silence still filled the air. He moved to stand in front of her, staring them down. She looks up with a neutral expression, not paying attention to his words. "Hey..." He kneels, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I understand." Wu shakes his head, "It's not your fault." [name] just nodded slightly. "I know." "No, no, you don't."

He places both of his hands, grabbing her full attention. "Unexpected things happen; the fire wasn't your fault. It was the Hybnobrai. It isn't your fault." His words did not seem to stick – not for long, at least; her eyes were wide as she stared back at him before giving him another nod. Wu pats their shoulders, straightening his kimono as he stands. "We will talk more about this later, you understand?" His voice was stern while pointing at her. "Yes."

With a nod, he jumps down to the main deck. He signals for her to follow him in. As they enter the Bounty, he grabs a gong. "Cover your ears." She followed his instructions without protest. They walk on the Ninja sleeping, and Wu starts to bang the gong in his hands.

"Evil doesn't sleep, and neither should you!" All the Ninja groan as they try to hide themselves from the noise in their covers. "To reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity." Kai, beruntendly gets ups. He sits up on his bed while rubbing his face. "Okay, okay, we're up. But if you want us to reach our full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" He jumps down off his bed as he stretches, yawning. He walks past [name] and pats her head. He tries to open up the curtains, only for them to fall off. The girl turns to face Master Wu, who now gives her a signal indicating she can uncover her ears.

One by one, the Ninjas get up from their beds. Cole stretched his back with a groan. "You call that a rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress." Jay walks towards the sink in the room, grabbing his toothbrush. "We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters; I guess we lost track of time. Since the Serpentine burned down our monastery, I'm glad we have a roof over our head..." Distracted, he starts to brush his teeth, not noticing that the faucet didn't pour any water; instead, it was dirt. With many coughs, he spits it out.

Unlike the others, Zane seemed energetic – stretching and jumping in place. "What is our lesson today, Sensei? Mastering the strike of the Scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of—" The ground then breaks, and he coughs. Noticing this, [name] moved quickly to help him up, both dusting his pajamas. The others joined them, standing beside them as they looked at their Sensei. She feels a nudge on her shoulder; she turns to see Jay looking back at her. "Hey, how are you feeling?" She responds with a nod and thumbs up. Her response did not convince him, but he let it go.