New trip

Summary:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Master Wu goes on a
second trip. Leaving
both of his students
alone.

 Leaving both of his studentsalone

[name] pov

'Where is my hairpin?' I've been looking for it for a while, just walking around my room. I can't be late to the monastery, especially considering today I start to train with a Master's student. Where has it gone? Should I leave without it? But Mistress gave that gift; she will be disappointed, I reckon. I sigh; 'Mistress will know what to do, but should I really bother her with this?' flip of the coin seems the way to go. After it spun in the air, it came back down as heads.

𐦍

"I'm terribly sorry [name], didn't mean to make you late" Mystake accompanied the girl to her destination, given she was the cause of her tardiness today. Since she was helping clean her jewelry – one of which consisted of her signature hairpin. The girl only nodded, walking on the stairs up the monastery. "That old man should consider making it easier to get up here, huh? Do you really go through here every time you visit" [name] nodding only makes her sigh.

Finally getting to the top, Mystake knocks on the big doors, waiting for a response. "What did you say you were doing today [name]" The mentioned turned to face her companion and responded, "Rehabilitation training with Master Wu student." Her answer confused the woman; a student, she said? [name] continued, "He recently passed the Master's test, so I've been assigned to help him."

The doors open to reveal the one and only Master Wu. 'speak of the devil,' thought Mystake. She looks around him, trying to catch a glimpse of this new student. Especially considering he is a boy, she didn't like the idea of [name] training him - alone. Unfortunately for her, he seemed to not be around. 'Kinda irresponsible of him to not be here to greet his teacher.'

"Oh, Mystake. I didn't expect to see you here."

"Why yes, I'm here taking responsibility for [name] being late today. There was a bit of a mishap this morning, and we both know how they are."

"Not to worry, we haven't been waiting long. [name], please come inside." Moving, he motioned them inside. Bowing to her Mistress, she excused themselves and moved inside. Leaving both adults in seemingly awkward silence.

Whenever they are alone, awkward silence seems to be a common factor.

"Can you tell me about this student of yours?"

𐦍

'God, I can't feel my body. Why is stretching so painful?! I thought we were going easy today.' The poor black-haired teen faced down on the futon, breathing heavily. Briefly looking up, [name] was sitting in front of him with a water bottle. "Oh yeah, thanks." Nodding. she replied softly, "Not a problem. Just doing what I was told." He faced them with a weird expression.

Sitting up, he asked, "So, what's next in training? Can't imagine it's just stretching." "Master requested we take a break, considering your troubles." He let out a disappointed sigh. 'But maybe this is the perfect time to talk,' But before being able to say a word, the girl had left the place.

𐦍

"You're leaving? Did you know about this? Is this normal for him? What about my training?" Cole asked, bewildered and a little disappointed. He feels like he is just getting started, and his Master is leaving? He's supposed to be cool with this?

"You're training has not been forgotten, Cole. [name] is your teacher for this couple of days."

"No offense to [name], they've been great, but I would like you to be here." [name] shake her head, clarifying that they take no offense. They weren't present in the conversation, given they don't have a problem with their Master orders. The conversation continued until the mention of having new parts in his training added to make him quiet down a bit. Turning to [name], stating to do the stretching session and commence the reflex test. A weird ask, considering he hasn't been having a good time with the first exercise. 

They have a hunch he's gonna regret it once they start.

Notes: ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━Spoiler alert: Zane will appear in the next chapter!I've tried a different writing style for this one, wanted to see which style appeals better to readers

Notes:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Spoiler alert: Zane will appear in the next chapter!
I've tried a different writing style for this one, wanted to see which style appeals better to readers.
I think this was a good chapter, I don't really know why I like it >:v
Not proofread (748 words)

Have a lovely day and stay hydrated!