Chapter 12: Retribution

It was not only the refugees who were excited about the 50 taels of silver, but also the soldiers.

There was no need for the leader of the cavalry to give instructions. The cavalry guard shot arrows at the refugees who were pouncing on Bai Wutong and Chu Tianbao.

Several refugees were shot to death in an instant. The refugees immediately did not dare to go forward anymore. They were afraid that they would lose their lives before they could snatch the silver.

The leader of the cavalry looked at the indiscernable refugee with interest.

"You said they robbed you of 50 taels of silver. What evidence do you have?"

From the tattered clothes, it should be a woman. She suddenly raised her face and lifted her knotted hair, revealing a terrifying face.

The scar that covered half of her face and her bulging eyes made her look like a corpse that had been dead for several days.

The soldiers were shocked when they saw it.

She pointed her bony finger at Chu Tianbao, her gaze like that of a malicious ghost. "He cut my face with a green dagger." Her dark eyes stared hard at Bai Wutong. "She thought I was dead, so she hid all my silver in my clothes. She didn't know that I was actually not dead! She even saw it all!"

Bai Wutong found her a little familiar. It took her a few moments to recognize her as Li Miaoyu.

She did not see Li Dali and the others. She did not know how she got here and even dared to accuse her of snatching 50 taels of silver.

If she had any intelligence, she would not have hidden the silver in her undergarments.

50 taels of silver was at least a few catties. How could a piece of undergarment contain it?

The leader looked at Chu Tianbao's waist. It was indeed a green dagger.

Their fixed gazes landed on Bai Wutong's chest again, as if they wanted to see if there was that much silver inside.

Chu Tianbao pulled out his dagger and stood in front of Bai Wutong, as if he was about to kill someone in the next second.

Instantly, countless bows were aimed at them.

As long as Chu Tianbao dared to move, they would die on the spot.

When Li Miaoyu thought of Chu Tianbao's terrifying speed of hurting people, she subconsciously curled up. However, she felt that she was about to die anyway, so there was nothing to be afraid of. She stared at Bai Wutong gloomily and smiled strangely. "Sir, everything I said is true. If you don't believe me, you can let her take off her clothes now. The silver is definitely hidden in her clothes."

Bai Wutong finally understood why Li Miaoyu had framed them for stealing 50 taels of silver. Li Miaoyu wanted her to be humiliated in public. If Chu Tianbao dared to make a move, he would definitely be killed by the officials here.

She was quite unscrupulous.

She knew that these beasts could do it.

Immediately, one of the cavalry guard smiled wretchedly and said, "No wonder this woman's buns are so big. It seems that there's silver hidden inside. I wonder if the feeling of the silver buns is different."

Immediately, an officer volunteered excitedly, "Boss, I'll go search for silver!"

"Hahaha, a young scout has never seen a woman before. Alright, go and search properly. Don't leave a single piece of clothing with her, lest she hides silver."

As soon as he said that, all the soldiers present locked their burning gazes on Bai Wutong.

Searching a woman's body in broad daylight was much more interesting than watching these ugly commoners kill each other.