Chapter 42: Safe Journey

"Madam! They..."

Lin Yue lifted the curtain of the carriage. Without any warning, he saw Bai Wutong and Chu Tianbao hugging each other. He immediately stopped and hurriedly lowered the curtain.

Bai Wutong did not expect him to suddenly come in. She subconsciously pushed Chu Tianbao away, but she realized that it was useless. She was so angry that she could not help but pinch his back.

Chu Tianbao cried out in pain. He looked up with his watery black eyes. "Wife, why are you pinching me?"

Bai Wutong said angrily, "You deserve it!"

Chu Tianbao pouted and tried to rebut.

Bai Wutong covered his mouth and said fiercely, "Go and cook porridge!"

Chu Tianbao couldn't speak. He could only nod obediently.

Lin Yue stood on the carriage, his face red. He was uneasy and hesitated. "Madam, I didn't mean to..."

Qingfeng, who was by the carriage, glanced at his face that was as red as a monkey's butt and his cold gaze lingered for a moment.

After a while, Bai Wutong and Chu Tianbao came out of the carriage.

She glanced at Lin Yue and skipped the topic. She coughed lightly and asked, "Why were you looking for me just now?"

Lin Yue was usually more manly than a man, but now he was even more sissy than a woman. He blushed and glanced at Qingfeng. "She's looking for you."

If Bai Wutong didn't know that Lin Yue hated Qingfeng so much, she would have misunderstood that Lin Yue was a little interested in her.

Bai Wutong turned his gaze to Qingfeng. "What is it?"

Qingfeng said simply, "Half the rations."

Bai Wutong asked, "Are you taking it away now?"

Qingfeng nodded. "Yes."

Bai Wutong noticed that there were many injuries on her body. He said, "After you're done applying the medicine, eat with us before you leave."

Qingfeng hesitated. Lin Yue looked at her hatefully, as if to say, get lost immediately.

She immediately agreed. "Okay."

Bai Wutong said to Lin Yue, "Go prepare medicine for them."

Lin Yue said anxiously, "Madam, how can we give it to them?"

How many of their people had Qingfeng killed before?

Bai Wutong stopped him with a look. "Have you forgotten how we left the city? Hurry up and get the medicine!"

Lin Yue nodded. However, the expression on his face was too unwilling.

Qingfeng stared at his back that was emitting an angry aura and she said to Bai Wutong, "Just give me a third of the rations."

Bai Wutong was surprised for a moment before she reacted to it. Qingfeng didn't want to take her medicine for nothing.

What an honest person she was. Indeed, rumors could not be trusted.

Seeing that Bai Wutong revealed an expression implying that she was an honest person, Qingfeng said indifferently, "If there's too much rations, it will be troublesome on the way."

Bai Wutong looked at her even more confused, as if saying, "You don't have to force yourself to explain. Actually, I understand your good intentions."

Qingfeng was a woman, so it was not convenient for her to apply medicine outside.