Chapter 53: Cui Lingyi

Cui Lingyi ate half of it, but Bai Wutong still did not reach out to take it.

Granny Wang's face turned pale. Her Missus had already done so much, but Bai Wutong still refused to believe her.

Bai Wutong explained, "Her condition is rare and she needs the right medicine. I appreciate Madam Cui's kindness."

Since Bai Wutong refused to use the medicine on Qingfeng, Cui Lingyi would not force her. She generously prepared to put the remaining half of the Life Spirit Pill into the bottle.

Lin Yue suddenly looked at her and asked suspiciously, "Is this really a Life Spirit Pill?"

He had been at Sheng Huaixuan's side and heard it before.

Bai Wutong asked in surprise, "You know about it?"

Lin Yue nodded and said to Bai Wutong, "Master said that the Life Spirit Pill is a secret medicine that even the emperor takes. There are even rumors that it can revive people. Our master even said that if he could buy it, he would definitely buy the prescription. Unfortunately, he has never bought a single Life Spirit Pill."

A prescription that even a businessman like Sheng Huaixuan liked should indeed be effective.

Even if it didn't work, it shouldn't kill anyone.

Cui Lingyi could tell that Bai Wutong was tempted. Her hand paused, and she placed the medicine in front of Bai Wutong again without any hesitation.

Bai Wutong suddenly smiled. Cui Lingyi's personality was really not bad.

She reached for the half pill Cui Lingyi was holding and fed it into Qingfeng's mouth.

Not long after, Qingfeng's tightly furrowed brows relaxed, and her face gradually became less lifeless.

After another minute, Qingfeng's expression returned to normal. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Lin Yue's surprised face.

He said, "Madam, she's awake! She's awake!"

His deep voice and bright eyes were filled with excitement when she had woken up.

The feeling of being cared for spread to Qingfeng's ears to her eyes and limbs.

She sat up. Lin Yue was still hugging her foolishly, not noticing how inappropriate it was for the two men to hug each other.

Everyone's attention was attracted by Qingfeng's sudden awakening and had no time to notice this scene.

Bai Wutong asked, "How do you feel? Does it still hurt?"

Qingfeng said, "Not really."

Bai Wutong looked at Cui Lingyi in surprise. She wanted to ask if there was any more medicine, but she stopped herself. "Thank you for the medicine, Madam Cui." There was only one pill in the bottle. She had seen it too. Cui Lingyi probably could not take out any other medicine.

Cui Lingyi smiled calmly and said, "That's how I should repay my benefactor's kindness. It's just a pill. Madam, you don't have to be too concerned."

Bai Wutong shook her head. "Even if there was a favor, it was repaid just now."

Qingfeng glanced over and suddenly said, "Cui Lingyi?"

Cui Lingyi looked at her coldly, and her smile suddenly became sharp. "What can I do for you, Commander?"

Bai Wutong was stunned. These two people knew each other, and why did they look like they had a grudge?

Qingfeng replied indifferently, "No."