Chapter 62: Endless Regret

"It's not your duty to save them! Besides, you've already saved their lives once!"

Cui Shize met Cui Lingyi's sad and angry gaze and looked back at the villagers. He was conflicted.

After a long time, he finally said, "Xiaoxiao, you can decide since it's your medicine."

Xiaoxiao was right. What right did he have to criticize Bai Wutong for giving Cui Lingyi a life-saving medicine? If he did that, the Cui family would be furious.

When Cui Lingyi saw his disgusted expression for being so useless himself, she was extremely sad. If not for the fact that this medicine was really too precious, she would not have left the others to die.

Cui Lingyi could not bear it anymore. "I'll get Jingbai and the others to find the herbs as soon as possible after they take the medicine."

Cui Shize nodded and said helplessly, "That's the only way."

On the other side, the villagers became restless. Seeing that Cui Muzhi might be carrying medicine, they immediately knelt down and begged, "Young Master, save us. We don't want to die. Please." If they could survive, who would want to die?

This medicine was given to his cousin by Bai Wutong. How could Cui Muzhi make the decision? He took a step back. The emotional villagers had even wanted to come and grab him.

Everyone knew that the plague was contagious, but they knew that they were already seriously ill, but they all came to force Cui Muzhi into a corner.

Just now, they had said that they wanted their descendants to repay their kindness. Yet now, they were doing such a disgusting thing.

Cui Shize's disciples could not help but frown and say angrily.

"One must have a conscience!"

Lan Jingbai was even more straightforward. He pulled out his sword with a whoosh. "Get lost!"

At this moment, Cui Shize, who had heard the commotion, appeared. He looked at the emotional villagers and said.

"Everyone, don't panic. It's going to be fine. Those with mild and asymptomatic symptoms, step forward. Serious patients, wait where you are. Don't walk around. The plague is transmitted through mouth and nose. If you walk around, those among us who aren't infected will catch it. For everyone's safety, please cooperate and act quickly."

They were not villagers of the Zhao farmyard who were obedient to Bai Wutong. When Cui Shize's words reached the ears of the villagers of the Falling Rain Village, it sounded like Cui Shize despised them and wanted them to wait for death alone.

Especially the seriously ill villagers, they were afraid that they would be abandoned by everyone. Their sinister eyes locked onto Cui Muzhi as they questioned Cui Shize, "Doesn't he have medicine? Why don't you give us medicine? Do you want to see us die?!"

"Give us the medicine! Give us the medicine!"

The horror of the plague had taken over their minds. They did not seem human at all.

Cui Shize was stunned for a moment before comforting, "Everyone will have medicine. When the flood subsides, we can enter the city to get medicine for everyone."

As soon as he said this, the villagers became even more agitated. "After you've entered the city, how will you still be willing to come back!" Then, they pointed at Cui Shize and criticized him fiercely. "What bullsh*t Prime Minister Cui who is willing to give up his life for the sake of the people and the stability of the world! Now, you're not even willing to give us some medicine. You were just pretending to save us previously to make people think that you're noble and upright! You're simply a hypocrite! A liar! What do you mean by putting the people first? You're just fooling ghosts. You don't take us commoners seriously at all!"