Chapter 37: The Emperor's Sharp Blade

After a while, Village Chief Zhao rushed over to meet Bai Wutong. "Madam Bai, there's not enough food for us to eat on the way."

They had gone to the grain shop to queue up to buy it the day before. Each person could only buy 10 catties, but the stock was finished by the time it was the 10th person's turn.

Village Chief Zhao had originally planned to go early in the morning. Who knew that the emperor would die at this critical moment?

He really did not do anything good when he was alive. He even implicated the commoners when he died.

If there was only the current amount of food, it would not be enough to last so many people to reach Ling Kingdom.

Bai Wutong frowned. Lin Yue said, "Village Chief Zhao, don't worry. I've already gotten someone to prepare the food and herbs. There are other things in the warehouse. Just bring along everything we need. The carriage is also ready."

When Village Chief Zhao heard this, he immediately kowtowed excitedly to Bai Wutong. "Thank you, Madam Bai. You and Master Chu are our benefactors!"

Lin Yue agreed in his heart. If not for Chu Tianbao and Bai Wutong, he would not have thought of traveling with the Zhao farmyard and the others.

She was not the one who prepared these things. Bai Wutong helped Village Chief Zhao up and said, "Don't mention it."

Village Chief Zhao thought that she was being modest and said optimistically, "With you around, Madam Bai, all of us will definitely be safe."

Bai Wutong forced a smile. "I hope so." With so many people on the road and the long journey, who knew what else would happen?

At dawn, the entire residence sorted out a total of 20 carriages at the fastest speed. Coupled with the belongings from Zhao farmyard, the team was extremely huge.

If not for the fact that there were many guards protecting Stinky, they would not have dared to set off like this.

The masters were leaving after staying for only a night, and they even brought so many supplies with them. The servants in the residence immediately sensed that something was wrong.

When Lin Yue was about to dismiss them, the maidservants without any relatives knelt on the ground and begged Bai Wutong, "Madam, we can do anything. We're not afraid of suffering. Please, bring us along."

Most of them were young and beautiful girls. Without anyone to protect them, not to mention protecting their own money, even they themselves would not be able to escape.

Bai Wutong's eyes swept across them.

These maidservants were all thin and weak. Even when they were walking out of the city, they looked like they had to take a few deep breaths. They were not as loyal as the people from the Zhao farmyard. Bringing them along was completely a burden.

However, these people did not belong to her. Bai Wutong directly looked at Lin Yue, indicating that he should make the decision himself.

Lin Yue said coldly, "Take the silver and leave quickly."

On the way to escape, there were at least dozens of strong guards from Zhao's farmyard, so they would not be a burden. Who would have the time to care about a group of maidservants who could not even lift their hands?

The maidservants sobbed and begged, "Madam, Master, please. We will definitely be obedient and protect our young master to death. Please bring us along."

They all hated Qing Yi to death now. They felt that if not for Qing Yi, Bai Wutong would have even brought them along, instead of the group of country bumpkins.