Chapter 26: Explosion

"Charge! Brothers, let's go first!" Zhao Pengfei was the first to respond to his father's call.

The young men from Zhao farmyard took out their weapons and rushed towards the soldiers.

They had been fighting bandits for a long time and had developed some martial arts skills.

They swarmed forward and killed several soldiers before they could react.

Seeing that the young men from Zhao farmyard were so brave and fearless, the refugees' eyes lit up and they no longer cowered. Since one person could not kill a small soldier, they would attack together.

As long as they killed these beasts and obtained those rations, they would be able to live.

All of a sudden, the situation changed from a one-sided suppression to a situation where the refugees were launching mass attacks at the soldiers.

When Princess Qingping and the Consort saw this, their eyes widened in disbelief.

The refugees actually dared to resist!

Who gave them the guts!

Soon, Deputy Commander He's troops were drowned in the crowd of refugees.

Consort Ping said in panic, "They're rebelling! What are you waiting for? Go and kill all these lowly commoners!"

Deputy Commander He had already been killed. The soldiers were stunned for a moment before charging forward.

The battle scene was abnormally terrifying. Princess Qingping held her mother's hand in fear and asked nervously, "They can definitely kill these refugees, right?"

Consort Ping's lips trembled. She forced herself to calm down and said, "We have so many soldiers. They're all unarmed refugees. Nothing can happen to us."

Princess Qingping was still a little afraid. She said to Consort Ping, "Let's go back to the carriage now!" Then she suddenly thought of something and said to her servant, "Hurry up and call Commander Luo over to protect us. Tell him that he has been reinstated to his original position!"

The servant hurriedly ran over and said to Commander Luo, who had been stripped of his military title, "Commander Luo, Princess Qingping said that you have been reinstated to your original position and asked you to protect them immediately."

Commander Luo looked at the battle on the other side and did not move for a long time. Suddenly, he sneered. "Go tell your Princess Qingping that I'm already a lowly commoner!" He finally understood that if he followed such a Master, even if Duke Ping would become the emperor, he would be the one to destroy the country.

The servant was shocked. "Commander Luo, don't let your emotions affect your decisions. If you succeed in protecting the royal family, once you enter the Imperial City, you'll be a top-notch hero. Master will definitely think highly of you."

Commander Luo steeled himself. "Think highly of me? It's lucky if they don't treat me like a dog!" He picked up his sword and walked straight out of the group.

He would rush back to Liyang now and bring all his family members to Ling Kingdom!

His former brothers looked around and met Commander Luo's sharp gaze. No one dared to stop him.

The servant also did not dare to do so and hurriedly ran back to report.

Princess Qingping widened her eyes and said angrily, "How dare he disobey my orders!"

The servant trembled and did not even dare to breathe loudly, especially when she heard the world-shattering battle outside. Her heart was about to jump out.