Chapter 29: How Pathetic

Village Chief Zhao was worried that it would be inappropriate for them to kill so many people outside Beiyun City, so he whispered to Zhao Pengfei, "Ask them to hand over all their belongings before letting them go."

Zhao Pengfei nodded. "Okay, Dad."

He turned to Fourth Master, who was half-dead on the ground, and said, "You want to beg for mercy after robbing us? It's not that easy!" He pretended to slash at Fourth Master's head.

A cold light flashed, and Fourth Master hurriedly cried out, "Don't, don't, I'll compensate you. Compensation!"

Zhao Pengfei's knife stopped a centimeter away from the tip of his nose. He asked coldly, "How much compensation? It won't be enough if you compensate alone." He had been dealing with bandits for a long time and knew how to raise the price.

Fourth Master was so frightened that his forehead was covered in sweat. He hurriedly said, "Everyone will give compensation!"

He had no choice but to give it to him. His life was still in their hands.

In times of emergency, ordinary people would bring valuable things with them. This group of people was no exception.

Soon, Fourth Master and the others were all plundered by Zhao Pengfei.

There was really a lot. In total, it was almost 200 taels.

Zhao Pengfei released Fourth Master and the others as promised. He handed the silver to Village Chief Zhao and said excitedly, "Father, look, there's so much silver!" Fourth Master probably regretted it a lot.

Village Chief Zhao took the silver and walked up to Bai Wutong. He asked in a negotiating tone, "Madam should also have a share of this silver. How about we use this silver to exchange for food when we enter the city tomorrow?" As long as Bai Wutong nodded in agreement, everyone would be in the same boat.

Bai Wutong really had to hand it to Village Chief Zhao. She smiled and said, "It's up to you."

Village Chief Zhao immediately smiled like a chrysanthemum blooming. Lin Yue was someone who could casually take out banknotes. Bai Wutong was his master, so how could she be short of money? This meant that she had acknowledged them and was willing to go with them.

Village Chief Zhao finally felt at ease and hurriedly said, "Then let's buy more food. Madam, if you need anything, just tell me."

It would take at least two months to reach Ling Kingdom. If they were delayed on the way, it might take months.

At that time, the weather had turned cold, and it was easy to catch a cold.

There were also quite a number of children and old people in the team. They were all vulnerable to infection.

Bai Wutong thought for a moment, wrote down the prescription with a charcoal pen, and handed it to Village Chief Zhao. "Apart from food, go and prepare more herbs. Buy some medicine for bruises and injuries." Although she had no memories in this body, everything she knew was still there, such as reading, writing, playing the piano, and painting... She was really a lady from a wealthy family.

Village Chief Zhao had the same intention. When he saw the herbs written down by Bai Wutong, he immediately asked in surprise, "Madam, you know medicine?"

Bai Wutong nodded. "I know a little about it. But it can't cure a serious illness."

It was already very impressive to know a little. At the very least, she could help take a look if they had a headache or fever.

Village Chief Zhao looked at Bai Wutong as if he was looking at a piece of sparkling gold. Letting the villagers follow Bai Wutong was simply the wisest decision of his life.