Chapter 21: Treat like Father

Bai Wutong had made up her mind. She waved her hand. "Thank you. You'd better settle down as soon as possible."

When Village Chief Zhao heard this, he could not help but plead, "Madam, Sirs, it's difficult on the journey to escape. Why don't you stay in our farm? We'll definitely give you the best farmland and the best houses. I guarantee that you'll be able to eat your fill every day and have milk to drink." The drought that day was too serious. Not only did the farm have to guard against bandits, but it also had to guard against countless refugees. Without someone as capable as Chu Tianbao, how could they... last until next spring?

Bai Wutong could be considered to have fled all the way here. She knew how rampant the refugees and bandits of the Yan Kingdom were. If these villagers did not have enough strength to defend themselves, they would definitely not be able to protect their homes.

They could help them once, but not forever.

Moreover, compared to famine, war was more terrifying.

Bai Wutong had already reminded them that there would be a catastrophe. How could she stay for a group of unrelated people?

Bai Wutong shook her head and warned, "Where there's life, there's hope. Village Chief Zhao, take care."

When Zhao Pengfei learned that Village Chief Zhao wanted to let Bai Wutong stay, he was almost overjoyed.

If they could stay, he could ask Chu Tianbao to teach him.

When he became as powerful as Chu Tianbao, he would no longer be afraid of bandits and refugees raiding their farm.

Bai Wutong refused to stay. Zhao Pengfei looked at Village Chief Zhao anxiously. Village Chief Zhao looked disappointed and helpless. He finally couldn't help but kneel down in front of Chu Tianbao.

"Sir, please take me as your disciple. I'll treat you like my father!"

"..."

Bai Wutong glanced at the wrinkled Village Chief Zhao and then at the confused Chu Tianbao. This father was indeed a little young.

It was impossible for Chu Tianbao to take him as his disciple. Bai Wutong said, "Young Master Zhao, don't kneel. My husband can't teach you." If Chu Tianbao wanted to stay and teach him, she wouldn't allow him to.

"We should go."

Zhao Pengfei refused to give up and kept kowtowing to Chu Tianbao. "Master, Master, please accept me!"

The young people in the village also wanted to acknowledge Chu Tianbao as their master. Since Zhao Pengfei was willing to kneel down and beg, they were naturally willing to also do the same.

With a thud, the young people in the farm all knelt down.

"Master, Master, please accept us! We will definitely treat you like our biological father!"

When Bai Wutong heard this, she finally began to wonder if she had dressed Chu Tianbao up too old.

Otherwise, why would all of them rush to acknowledge him as their father?

Chu Tianbao looked at Bai Wutong quietly. He looked calm, but he was actually panicking.

If Bai Wutong did not speak, he would not know what to do.

Seeing that these children were trying their best to become Chu Tianbao's disciples, Village Chief Zhao also begged, "Sir, you can stay. They're all good children! As long as you're willing to stay, other than the repayment for the discipleship, we'll pay for the grain tax and do all the labor. We definitely won't let you suffer any grievances here."