Chapter 56: Human Tracker

It was not easy to even have a bite to eat on the way to escape. Cui Lingyi's team only had this bit of food in total, and almost all of it was given to them.

No matter how they refused, Cui Muzhi refused.

It would be so disappointing if she insisted on not accepting his sincerity and eat.

Everyone in the team looked at Bai Wutong, who was holding a bowl. Bai Wutong met Cui Muzhi's sparkling eyes and sighed. "Then what are you going to eat?"

Cui Muzhi smiled brightly and said, "Let's go pick some wild vegetables again. I saw a pond in front just now. Later, I'll bring someone to catch a few big fish for Madam Bai to eat."

Bai Wutong had also seen the pond just now. It was clearly a pool of stagnant water. It was impossible for there to be fish.

Moreover, it was getting dark. If they searched for wild vegetables in the dark, how many would they be able to find?

Courtesy demanded reciprocity. Moreover, they had specially waited here to inform them that there was danger ahead. Bai Wutong said, "It's almost dark, and you won't be able to find many wild vegetables. Why don't you have a simple meal with us?"

As soon as she finished speaking, Cui Muzhi's eyes lit up and he replied without hesitation, "Sure."

No matter how simple the meal Bai Wutong described as, they were still food that was filling. Looking at the rice porridge cooking in the pot, Cui Muzhi was so touched that tears flowed out of his mouth.

He had been raised in Qinghe wildly. He could eat delicacies and wild vegetables, but he had been out for almost a month. This was the first time he had eaten fragrant food for so long.

The fragrance of the stewed bamboo shoots that Madam Yang had stir-fried in a large pot wafted for five kilometers. Cui Muzhi could not help but exclaim. Giving all the wild vegetable soup to Bai Wutong and the others was simply the wisest move of his life.

The others in their team also swallowed their saliva like Cui Muzhi.

Cui Lingyi coughed lightly in embarrassment. Cui Muzhi came back to his senses and jumped up again with a whoosh. He opened his mouth and said self-righteously, "Cousin, you want to drink, right? When the bandits came, I specially protected a bottle of top-notch Daughter's Red for you. I'll go get it for you now."

Cui Lingyi's reprimanding words immediately turned into, "Hurry up."

Cui Muzhi ran faster than a rabbit. In a moment, he brought the wine over.

Cui Lingyi lifted the lid and sniffed, a look of enjoyment forming on her face. "Nice wine." She looked at Bai Wutong. "Shall we have a drink?"

Before Bai Wutong could speak, Chu Tianbao interrupted, "Wife, you said that drinking is not good for health. You can't drink."

Cui Lingyi raised her eyebrows and looked at Bai Wutong, as if to say, as a woman, do you really want to listen to a man's nonsense?

Chu Tianbao immediately stood in front of Bai Wutong. If Cui Lingyi dared to let Bai Wutong drink, he would teach her a lesson.

Cui Lingyi stared at Chu Tianbao with a meaningful look and suddenly smiled. She raised her daughter's red and poured a big mouthful into her mouth. "It seems that I'll have to enjoy the wine alone tonight."

Cui Muzhi leaned over. "Cousin, give me a mouthful too."

Cui Lingyi pulled a face. "Why would a child drink? It's not good for your health. Didn't you have ears to hear just now?"

Cui Muzhi pursed his lips. He was already 15 years old that year and was about to get married. What kind of child was he?

If she wasn't going to give it to him, so be it. Why did she have to make so many excuses?