Dinners and Dark nights

"DINNER TIME" Darry called from the other room. The boys all rushed to the table grabbing most of the food. There was barely any left but I took what I could get. Usually I would go to the dingo or in my room to eat. Unless it was just me and my brothers in the house. It rarely was just us though. 

At the head of the table was Darry and all the way across from Darry was two-bit. On one end Steve and Soda sat next to each other and on the other end Pony and Johnny say together. There were no more seats. Why did I bother staying down here anyways. I decided to walk to the dingo. Maybe i'd have better luck there. 

I went outside to start my walk and saw Dallas on the porch smoking a cigarette. "Not hungry?" I said. "Sure am hungry. Why else would I be here y/n." "Well they ate without you. Foods all gone."

"Shit. Looks like I'll take Pony's then" "No Dallas! Don't take Pony's. I'll pick you up something from the dingo. They forgot me too."I blurted. He sighed "Fine. But I'm coming with you. You don't even know what I want." "Really Winston? You seem pretty predictable" His expression switched as he rolled his eyes.

"We walking?" He asked. "Yeah unless you brought a car" He let out a "nope" as if it was part of a breath.

~

We were headed to the dingo. I wasn't paying attention as I was to busy looking at the beautiful night sky. Dallas suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the side of the road. "Careful y/n! If I wasn't here you would be roadkill right now. Oh fuck." When Dallas said that, I saw the blue mustang pull up towards us. I mouthed "sorry" to Dallas as he stood in front of me.

Bob Sheldon. The soc everyone hated. Bob got out of his mustang with a few socs behind him. I was only able to recognize Randy and I saw two other people in the back. The dark covering their facial features. "What do we have hear? Winston and little Mrs. Curtis? We can take em." I could hear Dallas cursing under his breath. Two more socs came out of the backseat. (for two bit fans, you can pretend they said pity the backseat) Bob and Randy ganged up on Dallas and started throwing punches at him. I was worried about him but then I had other things to worry about. Two other socs came towards me. It was none other than Duncan from English class and his soc friend."D-Duncan"...

"y/n?! I'm sorry about this. I really don't like violence" he said trying to cover up for what he was about to do. "Then don't hurt me Duncan it's that simple". Just as Duncan was about to punch me, a punch was thrown at him first, causing him to fall backwards. It was of course Dallas Winston. The other socs were to scared and they all got in the car and ran off.

"Thanks Dallas. You saved my ass back there." "Whatever. Darry would've killed me if I didn't" We walked silently to the dingo after that.

~

Once we got to the dingo we sat in a booth towards the back. We got out food and milkshakes as well. "Hey y/n, did you know that soc back there?" When I didn't respond, he followed up. "The one that tried punching you. Did you know em?" I contemplated on why I would even keep this a secret. "Yeah. Saw him in class before. We are working on a project together" He just nodded.

We finished eating and I said I would pay since it was my idea. Dallas didn't seem to be mad at the idea of free food. It was getting awkward so I decided to speak up. "Sorry about all that. It was mostly my fault. If I hadn't got distracted they wouldn't have seen us." He low key looked like he didn't care. "All good. What distracted you anyways. My looks?" I got a bit flustered. I didn't know why. It's not like I like him. "No! Just the stars. Pony got me into that stuff." He nodded again. "Sure." He said in the most sarcastic tone I have ever heard. "I better get you home before Darry skins me" he said. "Alright" was all I could manage to say.

We walked home in silence and I was perfectly fine with that. It was peaceful. But I made sure to pay attention as well. Once we got to my house Dallas left and I walked up the gate. When I came in I was greeted by soda "y/n! Where have you been? Thought you were gonna be here for dinner?!" 

"Sorry Soda. I was hanging out with some friends." 

"Good to see you finally made some y/n." 

A/N hey anyone who is reading! I'm sorry this was a short chapter but I have something planned for the next one that will be a bit more exciting. This is my first book. Thank you to any of the people reading it right now!