Choices

A/N: Today's chapter will be average length. Enjoy.

Me and Steve were heading back inside. When we came in and everyone was still watching Mickey. Darry started talking to Ponyboy "Hey bud, you should get to bed." He said. Ponyboy headed up to bed and so did Johnny. I decided to sit on the couch and watch Mickey with them. Darry was sitting on the armchair while soda was sitting on the couch. Two bit was on the floor next to the TV. Dally was in the kitchen. Steve and I decided to sit on the couch next to Soda. 

Steve had his arm around me and I almost fell asleep on him. Nobody seemed to notice us. Not even Soda who was right next to me. Soon enough everyone was heading to bed. Soda and Darry went into their rooms and Two bit went onto the couch. Steve went into my room. "Be there in a sec Steve." I whispered to him. 

I went to get a glass of water from the kitchen and I ran into Dally. Of course. "Couldn't go through the day without running into me. Huh doll?" he said. "I'm not your Doll Dallas Winston." I replied quickly.  "Whoa whoa whoa. Somebody's feisty today." he said. I rolled my eyes and walked away but before I could get out of the kitchen he grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him. "Meet me at the dingo at 8:00 tomorrow." He whispered to me then walked into the living room to go to bed. I was just standing there blushing and deciding if I should meet him there. What was he going to do? What about Steve?

I decided to just go into my room and go to sleep. I saw Steve was already asleep so I decided to just go to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a long day. 

~

I woke up and Steve already left the room. I decided to go and eat some breakfast. 

Obviously the breakfast that Darry made was already gone so I went to get myself some cereal. Two bit and Steve had already left our house. Darry went to work early today. My brothers were awake first then Johnny and then me. Dally was of course still asleep in the armchair. I saw pony come into the kitchen. "Hey y/n, ready for school?" He asked. "Oh shoot. I forgot there was school. I better get ready..." I said while going back to my room.

When I got to my room I picked out a red dress with some ankle boots. Obviously paired with my old leather jacket. (if you don't like it you can wear whatever you want)

I rushed out of my room so I could walk to school with Ponyboy

I rushed out of my room so I could walk to school with Ponyboy.  Soda left around the same time as us. Pony wanted to be early so that we could turn in our book reports before class. I feel bad for copying Pony's but who am I kidding. I don't feel bad. It was that or go back to Duncan's house.

Me and Pony walked to school and thankfully avoided all the Socs on the way. "Hey y/n, I noticed Soda hasn't been acting as weird lately." Pony said. "Yeah." I said quietly. I'm a horrible secret keeper. I had to change the subject... I have no idea how I was gonna keep me and Steve's relationship a secret. 

~

Once we got school we went straight to English class. Mrs. Smith asked us why we were gone. Before Pony messed this up I said something. "We were both sick. Sorry we couldn't have our parents drop off our reports. Th- They- their dead." I said. I can't keep a secret but I sure can make up a good lie and get someone's sympathy.  "Oh my goodness y/n. I didn't know. It's ok. Can I have your book reports?" she said. "Of course Mrs. Smith. Pony and I worked together since I had no time to meet up with Duncan." I said. "That's alright as long as you did it." She said. With that me and Pony went to our seats even though we were still a bit early for class. "Wow y/n. She let us turn them in late and switch partners! We are gonna have amazing grades." pony said. "Sure are." I replied with.

Today Mrs. Smith was just teaching the basic stuff. Grammar and writing tips. Ugh. Pony wasn't paying attention since he already learned this stuff. I was zoned out until a girl tapped on my shoulder. She was some Soc. "Hey, um, this note is for you. From that kid over there." she said pointing to Duncan. "Alright thanks..." I said to the girl. I think her name was Marcia or something.

This is what the note said:

Y/n,

Sorry again about what happened at my house, I really didn't mean for any of that to happen. I was having a good time. I noticed you left your essay so I finished the last part for you and brought it if you want I can pass it to you.

-Duncan Anderson

I didn't even know what to say. I guess it was nice that he finished my book report but I wasn't giving this kid a second chance. I didn't even need the report anymore. I grabbed a sticky note and wrote:

Stop apologizing Duncan. I don't wanna hang out with some Soc boy. Thanks for finishing my work but I already rewrote my own. -Y/n

When Marcia passed him the letter he looked sad reading it. I felt bad but he tried to hurt me and my friends. Multiple times. Soon enough I heard the lunch bell ring. I hurried out of that classroom with Pony. Someone was running after me. I turned around just to be face to face with Duncan Anderson.

"Please sit at my table today. I don't care if you don't wanna be friends but we need to talk. I really didn't mean that. I can explain everything." Said Duncan. Ponyboy shot me a look. I knew he didn't want me too. That made me want to go. Just to prove to Pony that I can take care of myself. "Sure. But I'm not sitting next to Bob and Randy." I said rolling my eyes. "We can sit by Cherry and Marcia if you want. They're nice." He said. 

We went over to sit by them. They weren't as bad as I thought. He explained how he didn't know they were coming over and how Randy was his cousin and he heard that we were partners so he wanted to come over and talk to Duncan. But it was Randy's lucky day and I was already there. Him and Bob took that opportunity and pushed me down the stairs. I was actually enjoying sitting with them. I love the gang and all but sometimes I need to talk to a girl. Cherry and Marcia liked talking about clothes and boys and shopping. Duncan must've felt a bit awkward.

~

Eventually school was over. Two bit and Pony already left so I just walked home. It was uneventful. They didn't get jumped this time thank goodness. Pony was already home. "Hey Pony." I said. No reply. "You alive over there." I asked. He looked up and rolled his eyes at me then went into his room. Soda looked at me like what just happened. I shrugged my shoulders signalling that I didn't know. 

Steve and Soda were both here after their shifts at the DX. Steve pulled me aside gently. "Wanna go somewhere with me later? It'll be a surprise." He said. "Like a date?" I asked and he nodded. "I'd love to Steve- wait. I can't I have to go to the dingo at 8. Sorry Steve. Maybe some other time." I said. He looked a little upset but he just nodded and went inside. I really didn't wanna blow off Steve. What did I just do. 

I don't know why I agreed to go to the Dingo with Dallas Winston.