We're counting on you

AHHH here's a story for ya'll, I've been so busy lately sry for the short stuff and not updating but now I have a decently sized chapter. I had three funerals this week. Gosh I've been busy. Lol, Thanks 4 reading.

Later that night we decided to have the whole gang stay at our house tonight for a little party. We wanted to celebrate and we were all super excited for the rumble. Me, Pony, Johnny, and Two bit were going to go pick up some food. Darry said he'd cook but we weren't gonna make him. Besides, it's a special occasion.

Soda and Steve were going to close up the DX for today and they said they'd bring back some cokes and snacks. Darry was getting the house cleaned up. I have no idea what Dallas was doing but I'm assuming it wasn't helpful.

As we left the house we all started talking about where we should go to pick up food. "There's an old pizza place somewhere around here." Pony suggested. "Or we could go to the dingo." Two bit said. 

"Lets try something else besides the dingo. Pizza sounds nice." I said not really wanting to eat at the dingo again this week.

Pony lead the way to the pizza place. It was pretty quiet accept for Two bit telling jokes. This time even Two bit couldn't break the tension. Soon enough Pony pointed up ahead and we could see the pizza place. We walked in and Two bit said he'd pay for the pizza. We were gonna order three pizza's. Steve would probably eat all three of them.

"Hey can we get three pep-"

"Hold on the phone is ringing." the lady working at the counter said. She want into the back and answered the phone. We waited about 5 minutes until she came back. "I'm sorry guys, I have to leave... it's an emergency, one of my children passed away in a fire. My co-worker will come out of the back and take your order." Pony and Johnny's eyes went wide. The lady left and her co-worker came out.

"What can I get for you?" the co-worker dude asked.

"We'll have three pepperoni pizzas." Two bit said

"Alright. Here." he said as he grabbed three pizzas from a giant stack.

Two bit paid the pizza guy and we all walked out of the store together. "Guys...Do you think that kid died from the church fire? It's all our fault. I hate you for that y/n." Pony said.

"Hey. Pony. I didn't want you to get hurt. I thought we weren't gonna fight anymore."

"Guys let's forget about this. Besides, I got our pizzas for a REALLY good deal." Two bit said as he pulled out a stack of monopoly money. "OH MY GOD TWO BIT. How did they not notice." I said in between laughs. Two bit always manages to lightens the mood. All four of us seemed to forget about the fire for a moment. We ran back to the house with the 'free' pizzas.

Two bit shoved the door open and we all burst out in laughter. "What's going on here." Darry said skeptically. None of us answered because we kept laughing.

Soon enough the door swung open revealing Soda and Steve. "WHAT'S UP GANG!" Steve yelled as he ran in. "We brought the goods." Soda said with his signature grin lighting up the room. Even Pony smiled. Steve went over to the record player and turned on some rock music. We were crazy hyped up. Darry watched us dance and jump in the air. There was something on my mind though.

Where was Dally. 

I hadn't seen him since before we left to get food. "Guys, have any of you seen Dally."

"Oh um actually I saw him walking back to bucks on my way back from the DX." Soda said.

"Oh...I'll go get him and tell him we have food." I said.

"Why don't ya call him on the phone?"

"I wanna take a walk anyways. I'll be quick. Have fun!" I said as I grabbed Dally's jacket and opened the door. I decided to look at bucks first. That's where Soda said he saw Dally heading. I made my way up the stairs to Buck's door and knocked. He quickly made his way to the door and opened it. "Hey- oh, y/n?"