My tears ricochet

A/n: Happy whatever day it is. Unfortunately, I am trying to wrap this book up so I can get my new story started. This is not the last chapter but we're getting there guys. This part is pretty fast paced sry. Deal with it. Luv ya'll. 

It had been about 30 days since I got Johnny out of jail. I'd been back in school and doing worse than ever. Darry's been so strict about homework and family time that I haven't gotten to see Dallas. 

Nobody was ever quite sure what happened to Johnny in jail, but he wasn't the same after that day. Speaking of Johnny, he came into the living room with Ponyboy and we all sat down on the couch. Something wasn't right. 

"Guys what's up." I said.

"Don't you what's up us." Pony said.

"Y/n you know Dally really cares about you. How could you do something like this." Johnny said.

"What? I'm sorry I've been busy with schoolwork and other things." I said.

"Yeah, other things." Pony scoffed. I looked at them in confusion. Was it really that bad that I haven't seen Dally in a while?

~Earlier that day~

~Ponyboy's POV~

I had decided to go see Dallas and thank him once again for all that he's done. It was kind of out of character for him, but kind. We hadn't seen him in quite a long time and he was getting released tomorrow. I didn't really have a ride so I ended up walking. When I made it to the jail I was greeted by a nice lady working there. 

"I-i'm here to visit Dallas Winston." I said.

"Oh, I'm not sure if this is a good time. He just got into a fight with another inmate." she said. I wasn't really surprised. He was Dallas after all. 

"It's alright, I'm a close friend." I said. She nodded and led me over to Dally's cell. He was sitting in the corner with his head in his hands. 

"Dally? It's Ponyboy." I said.

"I don't need your damn sympathy." He said as he looked up. His eyes looked watery. I had never seen Dallas like this before.

"Sympathy? What, did you lose the fight?" I asked.

"I never lose fights. What do you want. Why are you here."

"I was just stopping by to say hi since we hadn't seen ya in a while." I said.

"Whatever. I'm getting outta this dump tomorrow." he said in a monotone voice.

"What's the first thing you wanna do once you're out?" I asked.

"Well Pony, I was thinkin bout goin back to New York. I got nothin here for me." he mumbled. I was so taken back by his response.

"What?! What about y/n, and johnny. And even me!" I said.

"Johnny hasn't come here once. It's not like I care. Y/n has been two-timing me. She's just like that little bitch Sylvia. But it's cool. Just gives me an excuse to go back where I belong." Dally said.

"You can't be serious. Y/n has not been two-timing you. She's been so busy lately." 

"Yeah. Busy hookin up with guys." he said.

"You know her Dallas. She wouldn't."

"She would. She has like 6 boyfriends a month." He replied getting more annoyed that I was arguing back.

"But Dally she loves you!"

"Nobody loves me. Get it right Ponyboy. I don't wanna see you around no more. Go." He said while gesturing that I should leave. And I did leave. I went straight to tell Johnny. Johnny is my best friend and I can tell that jail made him a little of his rocker. He thinks differently of himself. He truly thinks he's a bad person.