Electric touch

a/n: This might be confusing cuz there's a lot of different POV's. Try to stay on track lol. It's very chaotic in this chapter but I've been working on it for a while. Enjoy!

~Back to Your POV~
My brother Sodapop kept on bringing up all these nonsense things. He seems to think Johnny's friend is my boyfriend. The only boyfriends I've ever had were Carter and Johnny. (And Steve for a rly short time.) And of course I wouldn't break up with Johnny.

I snapped back to reality to see Sodapop talking to the nurse, Johnny writing something down, and that dark haired boy kept looking at me with something I couldn't read. He sure didn't look like the nice type. His eyes were cold and dark. My supposed boyfriend sat down on the edge of my bed.
"Doll, do you really not remember me?" He asked.

"I don't remember you. Why would I. And I am not your doll." I said to him.

"If this is all some joke I hate you all for it." He said angrily.

"It's not a joke. What are you talking about?" I asked. He just looked down at the ground and shook his head in response.

"I'm talking about you. You said you loved me." He said. I sure didn't remember that. I don't think I could ever love someone as cold and mean as him.

"I couldn't love you! I have a boyfriend." I yelled back at him.

"Yeah. Me!" He yelled back.

"No idiot. It's johnny." I yelled again. The whole room went silent. The "Dallas" boy went wide eyed and Johnny went pale. Sodapop turned over to look at me. The nurse went out into the hall and Soda sat by my bed.

"Y/n, you have a concussion. You aren't remembering things right. Johnny isn't your boyfriend." Soda said in a soothing voice.

"Soda I remember everything. I remember why I even got this concussion. I saved MY BOYFRIEND from a soc at the rumble." I said.

"Y/n-" he was about to say something but I cut him off.

"Why don't ya ask johnny then. Johnny don't ya love me?" I asked.

"Y/n your not remembering things right I'm not your boyfriend..." Johnny said.

"What are you guys talking about. Johnny I really do love you. I remember I do. I love you because I feel like I can tell you anything and how you're so brave and sweet. Don't you love me too?" I said. His eyes lit up and he smiled a little.

"Y/n you're really a great girl but you really aren't remembering things right." Johnny said. Dallas stormed out the door and slammed it behind him. Soda looked at me worriedly. Johnny sat next to me on the bed. I was glad he was here. I appreciate his friend helping me to the hospital but everyone seemed to think we were in love. Wierd.

~Soda's POV~

I was real worried about y/n. She keeps thinking Johnny's her boyfriend. As much as Dallas wants to be the "tough guy" I think it's really hurting him. Of course he couldn't love her but I think he cared for her. And I warned her before they got together that he might never truly love someone.

I decided to get out of the room and go after Dallas. Pony and Darry could go in now with y/n and Johnny. I exited the room and told them about what happened. Pony looked real surprised and worried. Darry looked concerned too.

I walked out of the hospital and tried to find Dally. Sure I didn't talk to him much but I was hoping maybe he'd let me this time.

It didn't take long before I saw him leaning against a light post over by the sidewalk.

"Hey dally, you okay?" I asked

"I'm fine man." He answered stiffly.

"Listen, it's okay to feel things. She really did like you okay? And her memory will come back soon enough. Remember what the nurse said."

"I said it's cool man. Okay? I don't care. She's just a broad." He said angrily. That started to get me mad. I don't get mad often.

"That's my sister don't you dare talk about her like that." I said to him

"Well your sister is a stupid broad. And I sure don't 'love' her."

"No wonder she wanted to forget you. Don't you ever treat her like that again."

"I can do whatever I want." He said.

"Over my dead body."

~Dallys POV~

God he made me so mad. Putting up this act like he actually cares about my feelings or whatever. Then suddenly he hates me again and is the protective older brother.

Y/n just forgot about me. That thought still spiralling in my head as I walked away from Soda and back into bucks. Y/n really was something different. It made me so mad that she just forgot about everything we went through. And after all that she loves Johnny.

Johnny Cade.

My best friend.

I had to find a way for her to remember me. Like a trigger like the nurse said. Anything. She just couldn't forget.

~yOuR pOv~

After visiting with Ponyboy and Darry for a bit they left so pony could finish some schoolwork. Johnny was here though and it was nice to be here with him.

"Y/n...do you really love me?" Johnny asked quietly.

"Of course Johnny. Don't let all this Dallas stuff get to your head. I was never with him."

"Y/n. You were with Dallas whether you remember or not. You were never with me. But I did like you y/n. But I couldn't do that to Dallas."

"Johnny, Dallas doesn't matter. I don't even know him. Stop being dumb." I said before I leaned in to kiss him. His lips were light and soft. He didn't kiss back at first but then he gave in. It felt so firmiliar. I knew I was with Johnny Cade. His arms wrapped around me then moved to my cheeks pulling me closer. Our tongues moved together and it became a whole make out session. I was praying that the nurse wouldn't come in. Just then, the door slammed opened. It wasn't the nurse though

It was Dallas.

~Johnny's POV~

We pulled apart when we heard the door slam open. It was Dallas. His jaw dropped as he saw us. I know kissing her was wrong but it felt so right. I had been wanting this. I really liked her but she always liked Dallas. But the nice feeling went away when the guilt washed over me.

"What the hell is this?!" Dallas asked.

"Oh dal I'm so sorry..." I said quickly.

"Johnny you have nothing to be sorry for. I knew I kissed you before. I knew I was with you. It felt so firmiliar. Johnny it was you. It always was." Y/n said.

"Always?" Dallas asked.

"Always. Johnny's actually nice. And from what I've seen today, you aren't." Y/n said.

"Fuck you. Fuck both of you." Dallas said as he dropped his things and ran out of there. When the stuff he was carrying hit the ground it made a loud thud.

"Y/n, you really shouldn't have said that. The only time I've ever kissed you before was spin the bottle. This is all so wrong and I'm glad I can finally see that now." I said.

I was about to leave the hospital room when I looked on the ground at the box that Dallas had. I decided to look inside it. When I opened the box I saw letters, receipts, a bottle, and Dally's jacket. I looked at the first receipt in the box. It was the first night we saw y/n come down for dinner. Why would they have a dingo receipt if they were both here for dinner? Then it occurred to me that I never saw them eat dinner that day.

I opened one of the letters and read it:

Hey doll, I left this morning so Darry wouldn't kill me. So don't go be terrified thinking I was kidnapped or whatever.
-Dal

I smiled at the fact that he left a note for her. But why would he bring all this stuff. Maybe to prove he was her boyfriend? Who knows maybe it would even bring her memories back.

"Y/n look at this. It's a note Dally left you. Remember it?" I asked.

"I've never seen that in my life Johnny. I'm sorry but I don't know Dallas."

"You can call him Dally." I said hoping maybe something would trigger her memory.

"I don't know him. No thanks." Y/n said. The nurse entered the room right then.

"Mrs. Y/n will be able to go home tonight. Do you have her brothers phone number to call so they can pick you up?" The nurse asked.

"Yeah. Hold on y/n, I have to go out and talk with the nurse." I said.

~Y/n's POV~

Looks like I'll be able to go home tonight. I'll see Steve and two bit at the house and maybe we can celebrate about winning the rumble. Darry, Pony, and Soda were coming to pick me up from this dump.

~
Sooner or later the nurse guided me out of the hospital room and we made our way down to the waiting room where my brothers were.

"Y/n, were glad to see you're doing better." Darry said.

"I'm glad to see you! Let's get outta here." I said while pulling my brothers to the car. We were all laughing like the old times. It was fun.

I sat in the backseat and ponyboy kept staring at me. "What's wrong pony? Do I got blood on my face?"

"No...I'm just lost in my thoughts again y/n." Pony said as he continued to stare at me. Then he looked back down at his hands

Come on Darry, how bout' we go get some ice cream or something like old times. I'll pay. "Really y/n? You're still recovering are you sure your up for it?"
"Yes I'm sure. Let's go guys!" I said.

Eventually Darry pulled into the parking lot of the ice cream place. We got out of the car and ordered. Darry got vanilla, pony got strawberry, and me and soda got chocolate. We all sat down at the table to eat our ice cream. It was rare for Darry to be having fun like this. He was forced to grow up fast.
I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see this socy looking guy. He had dirty blonde hair and bluish green eyes.
"Hey y/n...I heard about what happened at the rumble...of course I didn't go but I wanted to know if you were feeling better." The boy said.

"I'm sorry...do I know you?"

"It's Duncan... from school? I got a new haircut but I didn't think I looked that different." The boy who was apparently Duncan said.

"She got a concussion and can't remember much." Soda explained. Duncan nodded.

"Are you feeling better?" Duncan asked while putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah I-" I was cut off by my own thoughts.

Blood on my arm.

My cut jacket.

Bob Sheldon.

Buck's room.

Duncan passed out on the ground.

Playing pool.

Dallas Winston.

The dingo.

The woods.

My room.

"Dallas!" I screamed. I looked up at everyone. They were all staring at me. Duncan wasn't passed out. He was right there. What am I even thinking about.

"Soda, I think I'm going crazy."

"Y/n...are you alright. What happened? You kinda zoned out..."

"I don't know. I think I was day dreaming. Or day-nightmaring" I said.

"What were you thinking about?" Soda asked.

"A lot. That party I went to and played pool. When I went to the dingo. Duncan. He was passed out on the ground and I was covered in blood. And then I woke up in buck's room." I explained.

"That happened in real life y/n...when I saw you at the mall. Some other Socs tried to hurt you." Duncan explained. All my brothers were watching intently. Darry looked shocked. Maybe he didn't know about that day.

"Where's Dal?"

"Do you remember him?" Ponyboy asked.

"I remember seeing him. I know I do. Where is he?" I asked.

"I haven't seen him since I talked to him after the hospital... Check bucks. He heads there a lot." Soda said.

I didn't waste any time. I handed Darry some money and headed to bucks.
"Have a nice time guys!" I said to my brothers as they watched me run away to bucks.

~

When I made it to bucks doorstep I didn't waste time knocking. I just ran in and up the steps to dallys room. I opened the door and I didn't see Dallas. I ran back down the stairs to buck. Before buck could say anything I said "where's Dallas. I don't have time to explain."

"He was in his room...if he's not there check the kitchen an the bathroom."

I went back up the stairs and knocked on the bathroom door.

I heard Dally's new york accent through the door mumble "Buck, I said I'm fine."

"It's not Buck it's y/n."

"Well...y/n...Johnny's not here if your looking for em." Dally said.

"I'm looking for you dal. Please let me in." I said.

"Why." He said as if it was a statement and not a question.

"I remembered something. Someone cut my jacket and you helped me? You're not all bad are you."

"I am all bad. Go away." He grumbled through the door.

"Let me in. It's not a question this time. Open the door Dallas I wanna talk to you." I commanded.

He opened the door and walked to his room. I followed him and sat next to him on his bed.

"Did I love you?" I asked.

"You said you did. But I don't buy it. I caused you too much pain." He said as he rolled up my sleeve revealing a scabbed cut.

"You did that to me?" I asked.

"You did it to yourself. But you were mad at me."

"Well Dallas, I don't truly love people often. If I said it I meant it." I said.

"You said the same thing to Johnny. Don't go telling me your lies. I hate sympathy." He said.

"It's not sympathy. I remember more now. My brothers told me about you too. They said I loved you." I said

"Y/n I can't love you. We've been over this if you remember."

"Kiss me." I said.

"What??"

"Dallas I said kiss me."

"What about Johnny. And you don't even remember me!?"

"Dallas, I remember a boy named Duncan. And he kissed me once on our porch. I saw him just a bit ago at an ice cream place."

"What does that have to do with anything y/n?"

"I'm not sure. But it brought me here." I said.

"Alright then." He said as he leaned in. Now I can see why I liked this boy. Real experienced in the kissing department. His lips felt firmiliar. Different than Johnny's. It was wierd. I tried to focus on where I'd felt this before but I couldn't. It was different. My room? The woods behind the dingo? Bucks? All three?
Flashes of it came back to me in a blur.

Words he once said echoed in my mind
"I don't think I could ever love anyone, but I dig ya y/n." His voice lingered in my head. I quickly pulled away.

"Oh my god Dallas I'm so sorry. You saved me at the rumble and I got everything all wrong. I'm so stupid."

"Don't call yourself stupid. That's my job stupid. Besides it's the concussion. You're not that dumb. Just gave us a scare. I don't care."

"Damn it Dallas. We couldn't even stay together for a whole day. And this time it's all my fault."

"It wasn't that bad." He chuckled.

"I kissed your best friend and forgot that you existed." I said

"Yeah. Don't do that again sweetheart." The sarcasm in his voice and his new york accent when he said "sweetheart" made me laugh.

"Dallas, I love you."

"Y/n, you aren't that bad."