Downward Spiral

A/n: This chapter is a little fast paced. Hope ya like it though. Also ily. TRIGGER WARNING FOR THIS AUTHORS NOTE BLOOD: I have been procrastinating cuz I got a puncture wound from a stab and I just found out there was shit in there so I cut it open and WOWWW I ripped a fucking stick out of it. I got like six x-rays and fr thought I was fine. Well....Hope you like this chapter.

It had been about a 6 days since the rumble. I was doing much better and remember just about everything that happened. Everyones injuries from the rumble were healing up. Me and Dallas were going strong and I was really happy. Everyone was preparing for the trial tonight and wishing Johnny luck.

We tried to get Cherry to help us but she wouldn't. She said we were the same Greasers who killed her boyfriend and she said we were bad people. Even me. She seemed to think Greasers were incapable of doing good things. She sure annoys me sometimes.

I went into the living room and saw all of the gang sitting in there. Johnny and Ponyboy were going to the trial with Darry and Sodapop who were watching. Randy was the only witness we could get for bobs murder but he sure wasn't on our side. He's a soc. We're just filthy greasers. The rest of us had to stay home and wait for the results.

Johnny is a good kid. And it was only self defense. We're gonna try our best to get him outta this. Meanwhile me, Two bit, Dallas, and Steve were planning to do something. They sure are a fun trio to hang out with.

Darry and Soda rented suits to wear during the trial. Everyone was getting dressed and ready.
Johnny looked real nervous.

"Hey johnnycakes, everything is gonna be fine ok." I said to him.

"I sure hope so. I really didn't mean to kill that kid, he was drowning ponyboy though." Johnny said on the verge of tears.

"Johnny relax. It was self defense." Dallas said.

I went over and sat by Johnny. He was really stressed and scared. I put my arm around his shoulders.

"Johnnycakes, were all in this together alright?" I said quietly. He nodded in response. Darry and Soda finished changing and ponyboy wrote down a little script of words he planned on saying. He sat down and started talking to Johnny.

As they all got their shoes and jackets on, me, Steve, two bit, and Dallas got ready to go to the Nightly double together. Darry and the boys got into Darry's car and went to go pick up some things before heading straight to the trial.

Dally brought bucks car so me and the other guys loaded in there. I sat in the back with two bit. Steve sat in the passenger seat and dally drove.

"What movie are they showin?" Two bit asked.

"Not sure... Some beach movie I think." I said.

Once we got to the nightly double the guys got out of the car and we all snuck under the fence. Dallas sat on the end and I sat next to him. Then Steve sat next to me and two bit sat next to Steve.

Apparently they were showing some mickey mouse movie so I got bored pretty quick. Two bit on the other hand, he was ASTONISHED. Dallas put his arm over my chair and I laid on his chest. He made even the coldest nights warmer. Gosh, I don't know how I ever could have forgotten him. I'll be forever grateful that I remembered. 

It was still light out but I could have fallen asleep right there. In fact I think I started too until Dallas started talking. "Comfortable yet?" He asked in a sarcastic tone. 

"Well I was Dallas." I said. Steve just started laughing. "Couples goals." Steve said. "Y/n , you wanna go get a coke?" Dally asked.

"Sure, why not." I said.

I followed Dally to the concession stand but he took a wrong turn. "Dal, food is over there..." i said.

"Yeah. I ain't thirsty and you had a coke earlier." Dally said. (iykyk)

"If you aren't thirsty, then why did we come here Dal?"

"I needed a way to get away from those dumbfucks." Dallas mumbled.

"Dumbfucks? That's a new one." he chuckled when I said that.

We spent a little while talking before heading back to Two bit and Steve.