chapter 22

Chapter 22

(Slowly editing) My Life Hidden as a Shifter [Completed]

* Lighting's POV *

I woke up screaming into a empty room. Suddenly, a door opened and I was about to jump on the person, but stopped.

Tim came rushing in, then looking around. "Alright, what happened? Are you ok?"

I dreamed about Zach getting hurt, beaten, bruised, or worse....killed. Also dreaming about Lilly getting attack by a wild animal with red eyes, like Marcus's eyes.

I nodded at him. I soon felt tears running down my cheeks.

Tim wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my back. Then everything came back to me. "Lilly."

I quickly jumped out of bed and ran for the door, then ran down the stairs, but stopped at the bottom. I looked around the house, it looks the same.

Some stuff is still trashed around, and I can still smell the blood on the wall, my mates blood. I sniffed the air and caught Lilly's scent. I ran outside and into the forest.

I heard yelling behind me, but I didn't stop. I made it to a cabin, not far from Zach's house.

I slammed the door open to see a man in his mid-40's. He was by Lilly's side, putting a needle in her arm. He looked at me with widen eyes, then turned back to Lilly.

I walked toward him, and I felt my eyes change into my slits. I grabbed the man by the neck and pushed him against the wall.

I felt myself change, my teeth grew sharp, and my nails turned to claws, but I didn't change all the way.

That's when I heard a little cough, I turned to see Lilly's holding her side. I dropped the man who started to cough. I walked to Lilly and placed my hand on her head.

Suddenly, my hand grew warm, Lilly groaned under my touch. She passed out, then I heard her breathing normally and her face turned back to a normal color, and the bruises were gone that were around her face.

I turned around and looked at the man who stared back at me. I walked to him, and he quickly scooted back.

That's when the door opened and Star came rushing in. Her face was flushed, I bet she was running all the way here. "Light. It's ok. He the pack doctor." I suddenly turn to the man who is rubbing his throat.

He looked at me then back at Star, soon John was here with Tim right behind him.

Tim came to me and hugged me tight. "I'm sorry, I didn't me too." Tim rubbed my back as I cried into his shoulder.

I pulled away from Tim and turned to the man on the ground. I held out my hand to him and he gladly took it.

As he stood up, I quickly pushed his hand away and placed my hand over his black throat. "This is going to sting a little." He nodded and I quickly healed it.

He winced a little, but looked taken back as he slowly started breathing normally again. "Wow, I thought you were just human. What are you?" He said turning to John and Star for an answer.

John started rubbing his neck as Star looked uncomfortable. I cleared my throat and they all looked at me. "Doctor I'm-"

I was stopped by the Doctor. "Please, call me Caleb." I nodded.

"Caleb, I'm something that you would be scared of, if it wasn't for Star or John to stop me just, uh, a minute ago. You would've been dead by now." He gave me a quick nod, but still looked confused.