The Battle-chapter 37

Chapter 37 [ The Battle ]

* Lightning's POV *

Everyone was outside getting ready for the battle that starts in a few hours, but I know he'll be there anyway. I sighed as I sat down on the ground where the snow is still there. I remember my dream where a fire started and it made the snow melt. Is that dream I had real? I hope not. I looked up, seeing my family fighting each other before the battle. The vision came back to me when my family were ashes with no remains. Zach. My mate dies by my own uncle, how can I stop that from happening. I rubbed my forehead, getting a headache from just thinking of it.

It's frozen cold air made me wish it was Spring already. King was beside me laying down with his big head on his paws. "King. Do you think we will win this battle?" I asked looking at him. His big head rose from his paws and looked at me. "Why would you think that?" He said gently. I shrugged my shoulders, not caring if he thinks I'm a wimp. "Child. You should know not to shrug your shoulders at me. Now tell me, why do you think you will lose this battle against your uncle." King rubbed his head against my arm.

"When I was sleeping I had a vision of the future and everyone died. Then me and my uncle was the only ones that were alive. Eventually we killed each other, but that was the future. I don't know what to do anymore. If that really happens. I might just end myself as well." I said with so much emotion that I couldn't think.

"If that ever happens. I'm glad that I was here to be by your side. No matter what happens to me or them. That doesn't mean you have a excuse for yourself to give up." He said with sadness in his big brown eyes.

"I don't have a an excuse. I-I just don't want anyone to die." I said calmly.

King got up and looked down at me. "That doesn't mean that you'll do anything for us. We all believe that you can stop this war. No matter what happens, believe in yourself. Alright." Then he walked away. I watched him walk to Finder and Spot who was laughing away as they circled each other. I got up from the wet spot I sat on. As I looked down nothing was wet. I smiled at my self for thanking Etro with great power for dry clothes.

"Lightning. Everyone is ready for battle." Marissa said running to me. I turned to her and nodded. "Good. Gather everyone. We are leaving in a few minutes." She nodded at me and left to tell the others. I found Zach in his wolf form fighting Tim's wolf. I walked toward them and they both stopped fighting as I neared them.

'Hey Lightning. What you doing?' Tim asked through mind link. "We are about to leave. I just came to tell you both that." Zach nodded and Tim did the same. I left them to go get clothes on and went to find Star. Star was helping Lilly with one of her power which is controlling the wind and making her voice strong to make people to do what she wants. Lilly was waving her hands in the air, which the wind picked up blowing her hair all over her face.

I watched Star smile as Lilly took a deep breath and pushed her arms out in front of her. A force came out of her hands that made the trees fall over. Star ran to Lilly as I walked to them. "Did you see that mommy? I did it!" Lilly said smiling real big. "That was amazing Lilly. Amazing." Lilly saw me walking to them and ran to me. "Did you see that Lightning? I made a strong wind! Making those trees fall to the ground." She said pointing to the trees. "I'm very proud of you Lilly. Star is right. Your amazing." I said hugging her.

Some of my hair got into her face, so I pushed it away. "Your hair is long Light. You think you could cut it." Lilly said to me. "Lilly that was really rude." Star said giving Lilly a look. "It's alright Star. She's right. I need a hair cut. I'll be upstairs. Also tell everyone to get ready to leave. I already told Marissa to, but it doesn't look like it. Please tell them." She nodded and I left.