chapter 33

Chapter 33

* Lightning's POV *

I woke up by a laughing sound and a growl. I peeked through my eyelashes to see two hyenas over me watching me closely as I moved my hand up to pet them.

They first back up, then they let me scratch them behind the ears.

"Hello, we are the twins. My name is Spot and this is my sister Finder. Hi." Spot said laying by my side as Finder studied me. I smiled at both of them, and told them my name.

"I'm Lightning." I said which they smiled in return.

I sat up stretching my sore muscles. King was on the floor sleeping quietly as I stepped over him to the bathroom, also I stepped over a lamb, and an alligator.

I entered the bathroom grabbing a towel and taking a quick shower. As I finish I got dressed and put my hair up in a ponytail.

Almost all the animals were still sleeping as I came out of the bathroom. I headed down stairs to smell bacon and eggs cooking.

I entered the kitchen to see Mary and Star cooking together. "Morning Mary. Morning Star." They both stopped and said morning to me.

I sat at the counter as the kitchen door opened and Zach came in looking tired. "Morning mom, Mary, and Light." He said walking around the counter and sat by me.

"So, Light what are we going to do with all the animals that you brought from the Zoo?" John said entering the kitchen.

"Well, I have to train them. Teach them how to defense and to kill a hunter. That's my plan." John nodded as Star and Mary placed out plates with bacon and eggs with a piece of toast on the side.

I ate, then went outside to see all my animal friends playing around with each other.

They saw me walking out into the snow, I wasn't even cold as tiny snowflakes fell gently on me. I stood in front of them as they crowded me.

I saw a chicken chirp as I turned into my white wolf. I shook my fur out and stood tall.

They all bowed to me, showing respect.

I bowed as well, then I howled. I hope my pack can hear me over the wind that was picking up.

I heard howls coming from the distant, I knew my pack had heard me. They entered through the trees, stopping at the edge of the trees. The wind blew against their fur making them shiver a little.

I barked at them with happiness and they returned it. "You called my dear Light." The Alpha said to me.

I walked to him bowing in front of him and he bowed in return. I told my Alpha about the war that is coming and he said he'll join us in battle, but the females will stay at home with the pups.

"Light, my protector. What if none of us makes it through the battle. Even me and you survive. I want to have you as Alpha for my pack, if anything happens to me." My Alpha said to me, I felt guilt raise inside of me, but if that time comes I'll do it for him and all my friends.

"I will Alpha, but you don't have to fight with me. I'm just asking, like a favor. I don't want to be Alpha if you die, but I will do it for you." I said to him.

My Alpha yip and walk away to talk to his pack about the war that's coming.

I sat in the cold snow watching the rhinos attacking each other, and the bears going at each other.

The hyenas laughing as they circle each other, baring their teeth. King sat on the porch, watching closely as the animals fought each other.

Smiling, I walked over to King and laid down next to him. King was still examining their moves, their focus.