Chapter 4: Soon. . .

(Slowly editing) My Life Hidden as a Shifter [Completed]

* Lightning's Pov *

I woke up this morning very very exhausted from last night's incident. I have a few bruises here and there.

I groaned while getting up and went to my closet. I put on a comfortable clothes, then put my hair in a ponytail.

I walked down stairs, yawning in the process as I entered the kitchen for some breakfast. Immediately going to the refrigerator to grab some yogurt, and some orange juice. I poured some orange juice in a glass, and ate my yogurt in peace.

It was very quiet in the house which was nice for once.

Feeling up for a run, I left a note on the fridge that said, I'm going for a run.

I walked out of the house, and jogged up to the forest edge. I knew there are rogues out, but I can take care of myself.

Jogging through the woods, I couldn't help, but feel at ease. The nature around me kept me calm and collected as my animals settled down. I breathed in those scents of the musk from the trees. I suddenly stopped, and glance up at the sky seeing white fluffy clouds moving slowly from the breeze.

I squinted my eyes as I saw something move in the sky making me feel weird. Just as I glance down, I jumped back, and fell. There in front of me was a women in a black cloak, and you can see her pink hair flowing out, hiding her face.

"Who?" I stared as I watched the girl move to the right, well, floated to the right.

Soon. . . I paused and stared at her, hearing her words in my mind.

"What the hell! Who are you?!" She didn't say anything.

I blinked my eyes and when I opened them again, she was gone. I glance around to see I was alone, and no one was around, no scent of anyone.

"Ah. I must've stayed in the sun to long." I told myself. "I better just head back." I said to no one in particular as I stood.

As I jogged back I could hear a scream of a little girl making me freeze, and turned towards the sound. Quickly shifting into the white cheetah, and made my way towards the continuing screaming.

As I got closer I began to hear a familiar voice. "Please don't hurt me Mr. Bear please." Lilly!

I saw her hunch form curled into a ball as the wild bear roared at her angrily. She was crying, I quickly turned into my white bear, and flew out of the bushes. I was bigger than the bear in front of me which made me look unnatural.

I snarled at the bear, threatening it with my growl and the teeth I bared.  The black bear got on its hind legs and roared at me, showing me it's stained teeth, then it tried to go around me, and to Lilly which I didn't allow.

The bear tried to get around me by swapping his paw in my face, but I quickly dodge it. Then I swung my paws towards him which made it even more agitated. Suddenly I heard the howls made by wolves in the distance.

That's when the bear got on top of me as I got distracted. I felt his teeth bite down on my shoulder, and I roared in pain.

I twisted us around and bite his shoulder even harder, and he roared in pain making him stumble back.

In the corner of my eye, five wolves emerge through the trees, snarling in alarm. I let go of the black bear, and he quickly turned around towards Lilly.

The five wolves surrounded Lilly in a circle, growling and snapping their jaws.

The bear didn't even stop it just kept going. I ran as fast as I can, and ran into the bear. We both went down which I didnt care to stop. I lunged for the bear throat which it leaned back on instinct only to push me off.