Chapter 2: New Home

My Life Hidden as a Shifter [Completed]

Lightning's POV

It's been three hours sitting in the truck, passing trees that were almost bare from being September.

What's worst was that my personal butt hurts! It's numb all over and I'm tired.

Mr. and Mrs. Roger turned on the radio, so we don't get bored, big surprise there, it was torture. Rock music played softly which got loud and I thought my ear drums would pop.

Tim was still texting his friends every five minutes. His phone keeps beeping every second which is getting on my nerves. I just want to throw it out the window and watch him get all pouty and baby like.

Ha sucker!

If he does whine, this actually will turn out to be a show. I remember this one show called Baby Abbey, where she complains about not getting spoiled. Abbey is spoiled, and I hate that kind of person, but it was fun to watch her stupidity. I watch it every Monday night at seven-thirty. Sadly, it was taken off, and now watch "The Golden Girls", every Tuesday night. So anyway....I think it would be hilarious if Tim whined, then became a new series.

I was to busy in my thoughts that I didn't notice that someone was shaking me. "What, what...?!"

Timmy gave me a smirk and said, "We're here, god you scared me. I thought you weren't coming back to the real world. It was funny when I shook you."

I pinch his arm, watching him yelp in pain. "God, that hurt! Why did you do that for? Huh?" I just laughed at him while he gave me a death glare.

I couldn't stop laughing until I heard Mr. Roger clear his throat. "Is there a problem Ms. Reed?"

I looked at Timmy who gave me a look that said, please-don't-tell-him. I just gave him a wink, and turned to Mr. Roger. "Nothing's wrong Mr. Roger, we're just having fun." I said while trying not to laugh.

Mr. Roger looked at me with a smile. "Please call me Daniel, and I hope Tim here won't give you any trouble." I nodded and shoved my step-brother shoulder.

Daniel got out of truck and that's when I realize that Mary wasn't in the truck anymore. I looked out the window and saw her entering into a very huge house.

Jumping out of the truck, I went to the back, and grabbed my suitcase. I turn around and stopped, my eyes gazing at this beautiful house.

For one thing, Tim was right that they live in the woods, in the middle of nowhere. But, the house was amazing; two-story high, big porch with a swing on the left, and the color of it was sapphire blue.

Taking wobbly steps, I made to the door, but before walking in I took a deep breath, then twisted the knob. I nudged the door to open, stepping into a marble walk-in. I gasp, becoming speechless in minutes.

It's was more unique inside. The walls were crimson red and it flow into the living room where there was a huge fireplace, and above it was picture of three wolves. One wolf was gray which I'm guessing was the male, and the one that was rubbing against the male was brownish red female, and there was the pup. It was silver almost gray like the male.

The furniture was white, blending well with red and the wooden floors. I smiled, and headed back where I entered to another door. Behind this door was the kitchen. It was a good size too, with two ovens on the wall, a dish washer, counter in the middle, with stove on the far left side, and sink in the middle.

"Awe~some." I whispered, fisting bumping in thin air.

I stood there with a huge grin on my face, wanting to do a victory dance. I heard a laugh in the background which brought me back to the real world, again. I blushed as I turn around to see Tim, staring at me funny.