Chapter 3

***Follow me here and on Instagram support me guys***

I only wish I had survived today too.

My alarm started to ring, making me groan first thing in the morning. I moved my hand and turned it off. My face was still buried in my pillow. I didn't want to wake up, but I had no choice. When we are kids, we always tell our mothers to stay five minutes longer, but as adults, you can't tell yourself that. I know no one will come to wake me up after five minutes, and I will end up sleeping. I sat up with my eyes still closed. I sat there for like five minutes, preparing myself for the day. After five minutes, I dragged myself out of bed and walked to take a shower. 

Only a hot shower can make sleep go away from my eyes. I pulled my clothes from my closet. A brown-rubbed crop top with a slit skirt It was from my brand. I got dressed and curled my shoulder-length hair when I was blow-drying them. As a fashion designer, I have to always look fashionable. I have to be extra top-notch because I am going home for dinner. I still don't know why Dad was suddenly inviting me to dinner. I don't have time to think about it more. I will come to know his reason once I see him at dinner. In the meantime, I have better things to do. I did a little makeup, which only included mascara, blush, and lipstick. I decide to fix a sandwich for myself because last night I went half-stomach to bed. I left the house once I was done. In half an hour, I reached my office. 

"Good morning, boss," my interns chipped when I walked in. 

"Good morning," I smiled at them and walked to my office. A cup of steaming coffee was already waiting for me on my desk, like every day. A smile formed on my lips. 

"Thank you, Evelyn," I shouted while walking inside my office. Her office was just beside me. I opened my laptop and started working while sipping my coffee. For the last time, I was done with my designs. I stood up from my seat and walked to Evelyn's office. She was busy looking at account books. 

"Evelyn, we should do the meeting," I said, and she looked at me. 

"Give me a minute," she said while grabbing her papers. I walked to announce everyone's presence at the meeting. My team was small, with only twenty hard-working people in it. We were still a new brand in the market. Everyone stood up and took their seats in our meeting room. I took my seat. Evelyn followed in. 

"So guys, this is the new collection for the coming fashion week. 

"This time we are launching our male fashion line; it's very important for us," I said while showing them my new designs. 

"Designs are very good," my fellow designer Aria said. Yes, she is the same Aria; the only difference is that she grew up. 

"I heard A-Line is also launching their men's clothing line, so we have to come up with something different this time to stand out," she said with a thoughtful look on her face. 

"Yeah, Aria is right," Evelyn said, making me nod my head in understanding. 

"Why don't we bring something attractive and eye-catching to create the buzz?" one of our interns said. 

"Like, our designs are top-notch. What else do we do to catch the eye of people?" my other intern questioned her. 

"We can bring some famous model or famous personality as a show-stopper. I think it's enough to create buzz," she said with shining eyes. 

"Yes, it will make people talk about it until the next fashion week," Evelyn said with a nod. a famous person. It will cost us a lot, but we have to put in money if we want the best publicity. I bit my lower lip and looked at Evelyn. She smiled and squeezed my hand, reading my worried expression. I exhaled and nodded my head. 

"So who do you have in mind?" I asked them. If they have an idea, I'm sure they'd have someone in their head too. 

"What do you think of Erick Villian?" one of my interns said, showing us today's paper. 

"He is featured in Vogue and Fobes this month itself, and if we bring him in as our show stopper, I'm sure it will be a huge success," my intern said with a huge grin on her face. My body went stiff when she said that name. My eyes moved to a picture in the newspaper where he was posing and looking at me arrogantly with a smirk on his lips. I could see mockery in his icy blue eyes.

"Good choice. People will go nuts if we bring him on board knowing how mysterious and closed his life is. It will be huge," my other intern said supporting the idea. 

"Grace," I felt a hand squeezing my arm, which made me pull out of my thoughts. I found Evelyn and Aria looking at me with concerned looks on their faces. I took a deep breath and smiled at them. I changed my expression before anyone else could see it. I cleared my throat before opening my mouth. making sure I sound firm. 

"I think he won't fit our budget. We can go for any less famous person," I suggested in a calm voice. I did my best not to show my dislike on my face. her face when I said that. I'm sure she has a huge crush on him. only if she knew she had a crush on the devil. 

"Yeah, she is right. We are still growing, and we can't spend that much on a single fashion week," Aria said, agreeing with me. 

"Boss, don't you know him? You can ask him to do it for free too," my same intern asked, being persistent to get him to walk for us. 

"Alice, we can't go and ask people to do favours for us in this business world. They don't come for free," Aria said sternly, and I somehow saw Aria trying to talk to her younger self. 

Time changes people. 

"Sorry," she said apologetically. I know it was her excitement to meet him that was making her talk like that. The devil always makes you act against your nature, and I'm living proof of it.

If only I had not acted against my nature that day and started following him. 

Yeah, in short, stalked him. 
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 56 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 17.
Follow me on Instagram and on Wattpad. You can support me this way please do follow me.
Vote, comment and share.