Chapter 36

"What about the pain you have given me?"

"Your pain," he said in mockery. A dry chuckle left his mouth once again. 

"Didn't Daddy, dearest, bring you a new car to ease your pain?" he mocked. My eyes widened when he said that. I just couldn't believe he said that. I glared at him, but more tears ran out of my eyes when he said that. Of all people, I never expected him to say that. Of all people, I never expected him to judge me so poorly. I thought only he knew me, but I was wrong in the past, and I'm wrong in the present too. We were never meant to be together, and we never will be. I tightened my chest and looked dead in his eyes. 

"Yes, you are right; that new car made me forget about my pain and you the moment I saw it," I said to his face with a smile on my lips, but my eyes betrayed me. Tears kept rolling down from the corner of my eyes, even though I wanted to hold them. I wanted to show him how happy I was when I saw the car. How happy I was when he was out of my life. His jaw clenched, and I saw a sheen of moisture on the edge of his cold blue eyes. His nose flared, and he deep-breathed as if to control himself. 

"Do you know what? I even forgot about your existence when I sat inside it," I said to hurt him more because he deserves it. He deserves my hatred, my loathing, and all the synonyms belonging to this word. Once again, tears rolled down my face. His hold became even tighter on me. I want to hurt him the same way he hurt me, but I don't know why I kept feeling more pain. I wanted to sob loudly, but I kept smiling instead. He let go of me with a jerk and put distance between us. My body bumped against the wall when he did that. 

"Get out," he said while closing his eyes and looking away from me. 

"I said get out now," he yelled in raging anger, and I flinched in my place. He kept looking away, not looking at me even once. Tears I had been holding back ran freely down my face. I grabbed my cell phone and walked out of his apartment. I don't know how I reached down with my blurred vision. I stumbled many times on my way down. Now that I am standing in the rain, the sob I have been holding back has left my mouth. More and more tears fell from my eyes. My cries mixed with the heavy rain. I started to feel so weak and powerless. I kept standing in the heavy downpour. Letting all my agony and pain consume me. I don't know how long I kept standing there and crying in the heavy rain. I heard thunder many times, but I didn't even flinch for a second. I don't know what happened to me when my shivering legs gave up and I slouched down on the hard concrete. 

The last thing I remember is that my whole body was burning and shivering in the cold rain. My body was still burning and shivering, but something was covering me. I felt something cold on my forehead. My body was too tired to know what was going on with it. I kept feeling that coldness on my forehead for a long time, but not until my tired eyes opened to see what was going on in my surroundings. I have exhausted my body to the point where it has stopped listening to my mind. I don't know how long that darkness consumed me in its tight grip. The light fell on my eyes, making me open them. My throat was dry, and my eyes felt so heavy when I opened them. I closed and opened my eyes a few times, trying to get used to the light. I closed my eyes for a minute and took deep breaths because I felt so weak. I turned my head and opened my lazy eyes, only to find him half asleep on the chair beside me. My eyes widened in surprise. What am I doing here? I remember leaving his house, but I don't remember what happened after that. As if he sensed my small movements, his eyes opened wide and he looked at me. He was a bit startled. His hair was messy as if he had moved his finger in it uncountable times. 

"You are awake," he said in his raspy voice while removing the wet cloth from my forehead. I don't know if he was happy or annoyed because I had not opened my eyes. I just couldn't. But I can't even unsee the fact that he was sitting beside me, taking care of me. He told me to get out of his house, and then why am I back in his house? He should have left me on the street to die. Why did he have to bring me here? Maybe to torture you with his own hands. He doesn't want to give you an easy death. My inner voice mocked Of course, he wants me to suffer. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. I hate this man. I sat up. My body was still weak. 

"What am I doing here?" I asked sternly, still looking in the distance. I don't want to look at him. 

"You need to take this medicine," he said sternly instead of answering my question. I refuse to take it. I don't want anything from him. 

"Your body is still burning. Stop being stubborn and eat it," he once again said sternly while taking my hand and forcefully shoving the tablet in my hand. I was still feeling weak, so I took the medicine against my will. It left a bitter taste in my mouth. I gave him back the glass and then pulled my hair back with both hands while taking a deep breath. I looked down at my clothes, only to find I was wearing different clothes. 

"Why am I wearing different clothes?" I asked him with a stern look on my face. I was wearing a hoodie and shorts. 

"Your clothes were wet," he said firmly, not explaining himself any further. My heart started to beat fast. 

"Y–you changed my clothes," I said in disbelief and burning anger. I was not wearing anything inside either. I was completely naked beneath the hoodie and shorts. He didn't even have a bit of decency left inside him. Instead, he smirked at me and said, 

"Stop reacting like that as if I have not seen you naked before." He said it smugly, and that was enough to intensify my anger—his shamelessness.

I just want to kill him.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 94 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 49.
Vote, comment and share.