Chapter 60

Sorry for the late updated.

I didn't know the freedom I was enjoying would last for only a day.

"I asked you something," he said in his same mad voice. It made me flinch slightly. His face was only an inch away from mine. Each time his breath fanning on my pale cheeks made small hair rise up on my skin, He was a beast, and I was dearly caught in his crawls. If I show him fear, he will try to overpower me even more. I took a deep breath and mustered up my courage. 

"You can't enter my house without my permission. This is trespassing. Get out now or else I will call the police," I said, firmly looking straight into his eyes. I will not back down. He chuckled when I said that. It confused me, but I didn't let it show on my face. 

"Your house!" he mocked with that evil smile still on his lips. He took out his cell phone. 

"Call the cops, and we will see who ends up getting charges of trespassing," he said, evilly confusing me even more. What is he saying? Has he gone mad or what? 

"It will be you," I said firmly, snatching the cell phone from his hands. He didn't show any resistance. His hold on his cell phone was not firm, as if he wanted me to call the cops. My fingers shook a little because he was not doing anything to stop me from calling the cops. My heart started to beat fast. No, this house is mine. I bought it with my money, which I earned after working for years. How can it be his? 

"The bank gave your apartment to me," he said, and my fingers froze. It was about to call the cops, but it wouldn't move, so I pressed the red button. My eyes widen, and I look at him in disbelief. 

"You are lying", I said in disbelief. My heart refused to believe his words. How can they do it? 

"If you want, you can call the manager of the bank first instead of calling the cops first," he mocked once again. He smiled in triumph, looking at my pale face. How could they do this to me? I still refused to believe him. He was manipulating me. He was playing with my head so that I wouldn't call the cops and put him in jail. I dialled the manager's number because I refused to believe him. My heart sank when his number was already saved on my cell phone. He picked up the call immediately. 

"Yes, Mr. Villain, how can I help you?" he said like an obedient dog. 

"You sold my house to him?" I asked the question straight away without beating around the brush. He went silent when he heard my voice. 

"Miss Grace, your instalment was long overdue," he said without any sentiment in his voice. I had taken out a loan for my business when I wanted to expand it. I was late paying the instalment, but I made sure to pay it every month. I was not able to pay it last month, but I was going to pay two instalments this month. 

"But I was paying it every month," I yelled this time. Tears welled up in my eyes. 

"I can't help you with this, Miss Grace. Mr. Villain gave us a very fair offer, and the bank can't deny its profit," he said in the same voice, making tears fall from my eyes. 

"You should have asked for my permission before selling off my house to someone else. I didn't even receive the notice; this is not how the bank works." I yelled again, tears running down my cheeks. 

My house! 

"Miss Grace, you had signed the power of attorney in banks with no disclosure agreement at the time of taking the loan because the loan amount was large. It was clearly stated in those papers that the bank could sell the property to recover the money," he explained, making me even more furious. I just wanted to kill him. 

"Fuck you! Fuck your bank," I said, throwing his cell phone. 

"Happy. I told you that every wrong move would have consequences. Today, it led to losing your house. Maybe tomorrow it will be your business," he threatened me, making my heart sink even further. My eyes moved all over my house. My house was no longer my house. I was homeless once again. I have become an orphan once again. Warm tears rolled down my face. I bit my lower lip, not letting a sob pass my lips. My teary eyes moved towards him. He still had that evil smirk on his lips. Once again, I saw him seeking his pleasure from my pain. 

"I will destroy you, Grace, the way you destroyed me." 

His words from the past once again echoed in my ears. One by one, he is taking everything from me. One by one, he is fulfilling his promise to destroy me. Why can't he let me live my miserable life? Why did he have to come back and make it even more miserable? Anger surged in me. I lifted my hand and pushed him away with all my might. It only made him take a step back. If it's his house, I will not stay here anymore. I went to my room and pulled out my bag. I started to fill all my clothes haphazardly. I didn't want to be in his presence anymore. I filled it with my clothes and zipped it. 

"What are you doing?" he said, looking at my actions. I whipped my tears with the back of my hand and continued putting my clothes in another bag. 

"I asked you what are you doing," he said in anger while snatching my back from my hand and throwing it on the floor. I fight with him but he won't let me out of his hold. 

"I am doing what you want me to do. You want me to be homeless, so I will be homeless. I will live on the streets, then live here," I shouted and bent to pick up my bag. Tears kept running down my eyes. 

"You will stay in this house," he said with finality in his words. He was not telling me. He was commanding me. 

"I will prefer to die on the streets instead. This house is not mine anymore. It belongs to you, and I hate the things that belong to you. I despise it with all my heart," I yelled, trying to get my hand out of his hold. But he pulled me to his chest with his hands firmly placed on my back. 

"You belong to me too," he said, and each word felt like a brick in my face. He once again rubbed it on my face. A warm tear rolled down from my left eye. 

"I hate myself too," I said with a broken smile on my face. His jaw clenched when I said that. His icy blue eyes looked down at me with a raging storm in them. 

"I hate falling in love with you. I hate everything to the point I want to end—" He didn't even let me complete my sentence. His lips were on me. He kissed me hard without even giving me a chance to breathe. He was punishing me with his lips. I bite on his lower lip hard, but he still won't let me go out of his hold. His hand kept holding my head in place, not letting me move back. He kissed me until I was on the verge of fainting. I gasped in thin air. He gripped my jaw and moved his face forward. Leaving only an inch of distance between our faces. 

"If you fucking say that, I will kill you with my own hands. Your life is fucking mine. You are mine. You have no rights over it, what so ever," he said, with a clenched jaw looking straight into my eyes. His words made my body stagger. My heart sank to my stomach. Tears rolled down my eyes. One thing was clear. 

He will not let me live, nor will he let me die in peace.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 115 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 73.
Vote, comment, and share.