Chapter 62

"What does he want now?"

"Tell him she is busy. She won't be able to meet him," Evelyn said curtly with a mad look on her face. Alice's face turned into a confused one. "But I already made him sit in your office. He is here with his secretary," she said with a perplexed look still on her face. 

"With his secretary," I said in bewilderment. She nodded her head. 

"Tell him I will be there in ten minutes," I said to make her go away. She gave me a nod before walking away. 

"Why is he here with his secretary?" Evylen said with a scowl on her face. 

"I don't know what evilness he is planning in his cunning head this time." Aria breathed out in distress while massaging her template as if she already had a headache. 

"Only he can tell it," I said with a slumped shoulder. I decided to wash my face so it didn't look like a mess. It was sticky because of the crying. Evelyn did my little makeup to fix my swollen eyes and red nose. I didn't want to do it, but she wanted me not to look weak in front of the enemy. I chuckled, looking at her enthusiasm. I let her do whatever she wanted. Both of them followed me to my office. He was there, sitting in my office with his eyes glued to his cell phone. His fingers were furiously typing messages. He didn't look at me when I walked in. He was still busy messaging someone when I took my seat. Evelyn and Aria stood beside me. I very well know he was aware of our presence, but he didn't want to acknowledge it. 

"I don't think we had any prior appointments before," I said sternly. I didn't like the way he showed up at my office unannounced. He still didn't look up when I said that. My jaw clenched. 

"It's so unprofessional," Evlyn taunted, then folded her arms to glare at him. His secretary had an apologetic look in his eyes. 

"I apolo—" Before he could complete his sentence, he talked. 

"I don't think I need permission to be in my office," he said curtly, his eyes still glued to his cell phone. My brows furrowed when he said so did my friends. His attitude was pissing me off. His thumb pushed the send button, and only then did he look up to meet my eyes. His icy, cold blue eyes held amusement when he saw both Aria and Evelyn standing beside me. "What do you mean?" Aria asked, curtly matching his tone. I liked Aria. She never backed down and always stood tall. He gestured to his secretary and leaned back in the chair. It made his chest open wide, making his shirt stick to his ripped chest. He was sitting as if he were a king, looking at the peasant.

"As a major shareholder in Miss Grace's company, he holds leverage in this company too," the secretary explained, making me clench my jaw. I glared at him, and an evil smirk formed on his face. Yesterday it was my house; today it is my company. Slowly, he is letting me know what power he has over me. 

"I don't think you are here to tell me that. So tell me your business and leave because I'm busy," I said, not wanting to bear his presence anymore. His presence was giving me so many negative vibes. He once again gestured to his secretary. He took out the envelope and put it in front of me. My brows furrowed looking at it. 

"What is it?" I said, looking at the brown envelope in front of me. 

"Sir, would like to talk to you in private," he said while looking at my two friends. I'm sure Evelyn glared at him, which made me squirm slightly in his place. 

"They stay here," I said in a firm tone, not wanting them to go out. I want them to be here. I already think I have broken their trust. I don't want them to think like that again. 

"Ok, no problem," he said with an evil smile on his face, which gave me an uneasy feeling. He agreed to it immediately, and it made me so unsettled inside. 

"Sir is here to discuss the prenup before you both get engaged," the secretary said as his talking machine. I scoffed when he said that. 

"I don't want anything from you when this sh*it ends. Getting out of your claws will be my only reward," I said with narrowed eyes and disgust on my face. 

"Everyone acts like that in the beginning, but we both know what happens in the end," he scoffed, looking straight into my eyes. Pressing the point that hurts the most He thinks I want his money. I would prefer poison instead of it. I glared at him, and his icy blue eyes glared back at me with the same coldness. Evelyn put her hand on my shoulder as if asking me to calm down. His secretary cleared his throat to get our attention. I exhaled deeply, trying to lessen the distress because the devil in front of me didn't look a bit bothered. 

"The date has been fixed for the engagement, so the prenup has to be signed before it," his secretary continued, but I stopped him. 

"Date has been fixed? How can you fix the date without discussing it with me?'' I asked in disbelief. How can he come here to tell me he has already fixed the date without my concern? My face grimaces as I look at his unchanged facial expressions. had already decided everything, but he was putting everything in front of us one by one. 

"So was it all a show for the dad at dinner?" I questioned her sternly. His icy blue eyes glinted in amusement when I said that. 

"All you have to do is show up looking pretty in the dress I buy," he said arrogantly, making my blood boil in anger. Once again, he was showing me that I had no control over what he was planning for me. Indirectly, he is telling me he has control over my life. 

"I'm not your puppet, Mr. Erick Villain," I said firmly, putting my point firmly and clearly. He chuckled when I said that. 

"I don't think you are ready to argue over that", he said sternly, looking straight into my glaring green eyes. The tension in the air increases ten times. His secretary cleared his throat once again to break the ice. 

"Sir," he said a bit timidly. Erick nodded his head. I felt Aria's hand on my shoulder this time. 

"This marriage is going to be legal and real, as are all my rights in marriage as a husband, including conjugal rights," he said, looking into my eyes without any remorse on his face. My face turned red when he said that. I was surprised because he was putting in a prenup. He was talking shamelessly in front of my friends and his secretary, as if we were talking about who would eat the next piece of cake. My hands became cold, and my heart started to beat fast. His secretary looked away when I looked at him. He had a tint of red on his face. A sheer silence lingered in the air. An evil smirk formed on his lips. He was waiting for this moment. I bit my lower lip in dismay. 

I found myself getting tongue-tied.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 115 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 73.
Vote, comment, and share.