Chapter 55

Here goes my plan of escape.

I swallowed the lump and mustered up my courage to fight with him. I didn't want to go anywhere with him. I'm going to stay here. 

"Get off me," I whispered, not trying to wake up my sleeping sister. I don't want her to see us in this position. He chuckled darkly when I said that. 

"So here it is," he said evilly, burying his face in my neck. My stomach squeezed when he said that. He is going to continue whatever is going on in his head here. It sparked a fear in me. 

"I had warned you, but you still chose to disobey me," he said evilly. "I think you have forgotten that I own you now," he said coldly, sounding pissed. He was rubbing that ugly truth again on my face. It sent shivers down my spine. I remember his punishment very well. I remember how he left me hanging in the end. Tonight he looks even more determined to punish me after all the things I said in front of my father. My words caught me in this situation, but I don't regret it. He rubbed the tip of his nose all over the column of my neck, making my courage shiver. My body stilled when he did that. He was spilling water all over my plan of escape. I wanted to escape him. I tried to move out, but he kept me pinned to the bed with his body weight. I know he was purposely doing it, so I wouldn't get out of his hold. He started to press kisses all over my neck. Even though I didn't want to feel the tingles, his every word made me shudder. 

"Tell me how many boys you have had after me," he asked me, suddenly surprising me. The possessiveness in his words was at its peak. Why does he suddenly want to know about it? 

"Why would I tell you?" I breathed out a whisper. My heart was thumping fast. He looked up from my neck. 

"Why won't you tell me?" he questioned me back stubbornly. He had a suspicious look in his eyes. It made me raise my brow. 

"Because I don't want to," I said, refusing to tell him. I had the same stubbornness as him. 

"Tell me nicely, or else I have my ways," he said with a challenging look in his eyes. I don't know what he suddenly wants to know about it. I went on a couple of dates with guys, but nothing more. I went only because my friends forced me, so those relationships had no future. But I'm not going to tell him this. He doesn't deserve to know about my personal life. 

"I will not," I said stubbornly. The cold blue eyes narrowed and the jaw clenched. 

"Grace" was Sabrina. Before he could say anything, I pushed him away from me with all my power. I don't want my sister to see us like that. He fell to the hard floor with a thud. It made Sabrina stride up. 

"What happened?" she asked with half-open eyes. I looked at Erick, who was on the floor. I don't know how I got the strength to push that gain away from me. Sabrina followed my gaze. She crawled to my side to look down. 

"Erick, what are you doing down there?" she asked in her sleepy voice. He groaned while trying to sit up. I pressed my lips together, stopping myself from laughing out loud. I didn't say anything and kept looking at him. 

"I fell in my sleep," he said, and another groan left him out. Serve him right. He deserves it. 

"Are you ok?" Sabrina asked him in concern. He just hummed in response and stood up, still glaring at me. The movie was still going on in the background. 

"The movie is almost over," she huffed while looking at the TV. A big yawn left her mouth. She was still sleepy. 

"Yes, let's sleep. I'm tired,'' I said eagerly. It was a perfect opportunity to get rid of him. I could feel Erick's heated gaze on me. I know he didn't like the idea. 

"Yes, let's sleep. Good night, Erick," Sabrina said, and one more yawn escaped her mouth. Like an angel, she saved me by waking up. 

"Good night, kiddo," he said with a small smile on his lips. His cold gaze moved from her to me. I smirked proudly. I don't have to go with his punishment. 

"Door is over there," I pointed out when he kept glaring at me with his cold blue eyes as if saying to me that this was not over. Instead of going out, he bent down and cupped my face. Before I could process it, he captured my lips, getting me off guard. He kissed me hard in front of my sister. 

"God, I don't want to see your PDA," she groaned, like every teenager. My body went still, and my heart started thumping loudly. 

"Don't think this is over," he said between the kisses. 

"Good night, Doll," he said, pecking my lips a few more times before leaving the room. I was still sitting like a statue even after he closed the door with a smirk on his lips. 

"Grace, let's sleep," Sabrina said while putting her on my shoulder. I blinked my eyes and looked away from the closed door. I gave her a nod. She switched off the TV. Instead of lying down on the bed, I stood up and decided to lock the door. I don't trust him. What if he pops up in the middle of the night and carries me to his room to punish me? After locking the door, I was able to sleep in peace. The next day was Sunday, and I didn't want to spend it here. Today I have to escape anyway. Next, we both woke up a little late. After getting fresh, we both went for breakfast. I was so hungry. I had not eaten my dinner last night properly. As soon as I saw the food, I started devouring it. Today I was feeling energetic and determined to escape this place. 

"Where is Erick?" Sabrina asked Fergus after not finding him anywhere. I ignored that question. I don't care where he is. I put more butter on my toast. The diet can wait one more day. 

"Master left for the office, but he will be here soon," he told her, pouring the juice into her glass. I was about to take a huge bite but stopped as soon as he said that. 

"He is not in this house," I asked to confirm it again. 

"Yes, he left for work an hour ago," he replied with an expressionless face. My eyes shine, and a huge smile forms on my lips as if I have discovered ages-old buried treasure. 

Perfect opportunity to escape the hellhole.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 111 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 67.
Vote, comment, and share.