Chapter 4

***Follow me here and on Instagram support me guys***

Yeah, in short, I stalked him. 

He has been sitting beside me for the past week. Every day when the school bell rings, he walks into the class and sits beside me. I do my best not to look at him and continue concentrating on the blackboard in front of me. I do feel his eyes on me from time to time when I'm busy taking notes, but I do my best not to look at him. I don't know why every time he walks inside the class. The air around me gets so thick. I end up holding my breath until the class is over. Today Evelyn was coming back to school. I bit my lower lip in distress. Where will he sit today? I don't know why I was getting nervous over it. There are so many empty seats in class. He can sit anywhere he wants. It's not like he has put his claims on the seat beside me. My inner voice rolled her eyes at me while I chewed on the gum. 

"Hello, class. I hope you all missed me. I heard Evelyn's cheerful voice, and it drew me out of my thoughts. Her voice caught everyone's attention. Few said hello to her, and a few moved their heads in amusement. One of them was me too. Unlike me, she was very social. She walked towards me and slumped down beside me. 

"I had a blast having fun with my family, but I missed you so much," she said while throwing her hands around me and hugging me from the side. Her actions always make me laugh. I was about to say I missed her too, but Aria opened her mouth. 

"I don't think she missed you too," Aria said while throwing her hair away from her shoulder. Evelyn narrowed her eyes on her. 

"Why do you think so?" Evelyn asked, imitating her action and throwing her hair away from her shoulders. Did I tell you guys? Both of them don't like each other. I bit my lower lip, stopping myself from smiling. 

"Because she has already replaced you," Aria said with a smirk on her face. 

"What do you mean?" Evelyn questions her with raised brows. 

"Aria, stop it. Evelyn, it's nothing," I said, trying to stop Aria from babbling nonsense about this new guy. She is jealous because he didn't sit beside her. I don't know what's so special about him sitting beside you. 

"Why don't you want me to tell her about your new hot bench partner?" she asked with an evil smirk on her face. Why was she exaggerating it? For God's sake, we are in our senior year of high school. Why was she still being so childish? 

"New hot bench partner," Evelyn repeated with a raised eyebrow while turning her head to look at me. Evelyn and I have been friends since kindergarten. We have always been each other's bench partners since then. 

"Yes, and you better choose another seat for yourself. Get up! it's almost time for him to come," she said with pity in her words and an evil smile on her lips. I don't know why she was making a big fuss out of it. The seat beside me was empty, and that's why he sat there. Simple as that. She is acting as if he has confessed his feelings for me and expressed the delight and joy he gets from sitting beside me. That guy doesn't even smile or talk. Why is she getting all the wrong ideas about it? It irritates me. 

"Aria, I'm not you. I won't ask my friend to sit on another seat because she wants a new hot boy to sit beside her. I bet he is a troublemaker, the kind you fall for. I'm not even a bit interested in him. You can have him. Happy!" I said it in a calm tone, but from inside, it was the opposite. I was burning with anger. I blew air out of my mouth in annoyance and looked away in irritation. When I did that, my eyes directly collided with icy blue eyes. He was looking at me with a piercing, cold gaze. My mouth went dry, and my heart started to pound fast. 

"Oops, it looks like he heard it all," Aria said in an overly joyful voice. I bet she was smirking evilly at me. I don't know what I was feeling from the way he was looking at me. It was me who looked away first. I took a deep breath to try to control whatever was going on inside me. The air around me became thick once again. The school bell rang, and everyone started to take their seats. He, too, took a seat far away from me. I kept following his figure until he sat far away from me. 

"He is indeed hot. If you want, I can sit somewhere else," I heard Evelyn whispering to me. 

"Evelyn," I said in a warning tone, making her do a zipping motion around her lips. I didn't even feel his eyes on me once during the class. Instead, I found my eyes wandering to him. When class was over, he walked out of it straight away. The same thing happened tomorrow and the day after tomorrow too. I felt like he was ignoring me, but there was nothing between us, to begin with. I don't know why I was feeling guilty. Maybe because I called him a troublemaker when I didn't even know a thing about him. Should I apologise to him? No, I can't. If I do, he will think I'm into him or something. Things turning out this way may be for the best. I sigh in frustration. I closed my books and started to pack them. 

"My next class is free. I'm going to the library," I said to Evelyn who was busy on her phone. 

"Lucky you, my next class is maths," she said, jutting her lower lip out in self-pity. She was again being dramatic. 

"Last time I checked, wasn't maths your favourite subject?" I asked with one raised brow when I was done. She loves maths. She is crazy about numbers. 

"Yeah, it is, but it's still boring without you," she said again dramatically, making me chuckle. 

"I will see you after the class," I said, and I walked out of the room before the teacher walked in. I was in the library searching for a particular book. 

"I found it," I said and took it out, only to find him standing on the other side of the room reading something. I immediately put the book back before he could notice me. I pressed my back against the big racks of the library. My heart once again started to beat wildly. 

Wait a minute—why am I even hiding? 

I moved the book to the side and saw him walking away. I kept the book back in its place, and I don't know why the hell I started to follow him. He suddenly stopped and looked behind, and again I hid behind the pillar like a thief. He gave the book to the librarian. He doesn't look like a boy who comes to the library. Again, I'm assuming things about him. I looked back to find him walking out of the library. I hurried on my steps. 

The journey of stalking him started like that. 

I don't even know why I was doing it. 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 60 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 21.
Follow me on Instagram and on Wattpad.
You can support me this way please do follow me.
Vote, comment and share.