Chapter 51

My life is his to do as he pleases.

"Fergus! Fergus!" he shouted. It made me flinch in his hold. I tried to get his hands off me, but he wouldn't let me go. More tears slipped from the corners of my eyes. I looked away, not wanting to let him see the effect of his words on me. He cupped my face and made me look at him. I tried to slap his hand away, but he didn't let it go. I glared at him. He sighs and wipes my tears with his thumb. 

"Yes, Master Erick'' he appeared immediately from behind me. I sniffed while looking down at the floor. 

"Take her to the bedroom," he commanded him sternly. He let go of me. 

"Madam," Fergus said softly, and I gave him a small nod. I don't want to make his job hard, and on top of that, I wanted to get away from him. I just don't want to be near him. I followed him silently. Tea kept falling from my eyes. He opened the door for me, and I walked in. 

"Madam, clothes have been prepared for you for today's dinner. They are in the closet," he told me once I was inside. 

"Do you need anything else?'' he asked, and I moved my head in no. I just needed some peace of mind. I don't think he can give me that. He closed the door and walked away. I sniffed and then wiped my wet face with both of my hands. My eyes moved in the huge place. I was stuck here, god knows, until when. I sat quietly on the chair for a few hours, thinking about how my life had changed. I stink, and my face is all sticky from tears. I decided to take a shower. I took a long, hot shower. It helped me clear my head. I wore the T-shirt he had given me last night and one of his sweatpants I found in the closet. I let my hair air dry. I walked into the open, attached balcony of the room. It had a good view of the mountains and green land. 

The cold breeze played with my wet hair. I had nothing to do but sit, ideally. I sat on the love seat, which was in the middle, with a coffee table beside it. I pulled my legs to my chest and kept gazing into nothingness. Tears started to form in my eyes. Lots of thoughts were weighing on my head. My eyes started to close on their own. I don't know why I fell asleep on the chair. I stirred up a bit when I felt fingers tracing my face. I leaned into the warmth, and then I felt a hand wrapping around me. I was pulled into something hard and warm. My eyes opened immediately. I was not sleeping on a chair anymore. I was in bed in his arms. He was looking down at me. I didn't want to talk with him. I wanted to peel his hand from my waist. But instead, he pulled me more towards him. I bit my lower lip in distress. Why can't this man just leave me alone for some time? He cupped my face, making me look at him. 

I lowered my eyes. I didn't want to give him the pleasure of seeing the pain he was giving me. His thumb brushed my eyes lightly, and then my red nose. Then they settled on my lips. It made me stop biting on my lower lip. I felt tingles when he bruised his thumb pad on my lower lip. I lifted my eyelids to find him looking down at me with those emotions in his eyes. Those emotions, which I once saw in young Erick's eyes, My heart ached for that young Erick, and unknowingly, my hands moved on their own. His eyes kept looking down at me. I was about to cup his face, but my hand stopped when it was an inch away. He is not my Erick anymore. This person in front of me is a cold-hearted businessman who only believes in revenge. The only language he knows is give-and-take and nothing else. My heart sank once again. I withdrew my hand and pressed it to my chest. He is a devil who loves to give me pain. Maybe this is also his plan to give me pain. I looked away and turned around to show him my back. His arm was still holding me to him. He sighs loudly and then lets go of me. He stood beside the bed, looking at my back. I could feel it. I didn't make any effort to look at him. 

"Get ready. Your family will be here soon, and I want you to be on your best behaviour if you want to go back to your apartment tonight," he said sternly, like the devil he is. Again, he commands me like I'm his slave. I didn't respond to him. 

"You have only half an hour," he gave me an ultimatum before walking out of the room. I stayed in bed like that for more than ten minutes. Avoiding this dinner or my family was inevitable. He would one way or another drag me down to meet them, even if I'm still in his t-shirt and sweatpants. I was not ready to see my father's disapproval. That look is what I hate the most. I decided to get ready because I want to get out of the hell hole as soon as possible. I wanted to be in the comfort of my cosy apartment tonight. If I stay one more night here, I will go insane. I washed my face and then walked to the attached walk-in closet. On one side were all his clothes, and the other side was for me. 

A dress was hanging, and there was a box too with some makeup. The dress was beautiful after all. It was from my label. He brought a dress from me with my own label. I opened the box to find undergarments in it. Surprisingly, they were my size. I found my red heels beside them. Fergus must have put them here. There was not much time left. The dress was one of my latest designs. The off-white satin dress compliments my skin. It had a scoop neckline. My arms were bare. I did minimal makeup. Only blush on my pale cheeks, a pink lipgloss, and nothing else. I applied some makeup to my neck to hide the hickey. No amount of makeup could hide it. It was still visible. I brushed my hair and pulled it to one side so it could hide that ugly mark. I decided to wear my red heels last night. Soon Fargus appeared in front of the door, asking me to come down with him to his master Erick, who wanted me to be down. 

"You look very beautiful, madam," he complimented me, making me smile at him. 

"Thank you, Fergus," I said with a smile on my face. For the first time, there was a small smile on his expressionless face. I followed him without a word. He was already waiting for me in the living room once again, talking on his cell phone. It was not hard for him to get another cell phone. I ignored him and asked Fergus to bring a glass of water. I was busy drinking water when I felt his intense gaze on me. I gave back the glass to Fergus and thanked him. He walked away, leaving me alone with him. I decided to walk to the hearth. It gave me warmth. His eyes kept following me. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt him standing behind me. I didn't turn to look at him. I don't want to talk to him or even look at him. He deserves my silence. He moved my hair, and then something cold was placed on my skin. I looked down to find a diamond necklace on my bare neck. I looked at him in disbelief. Is he out of his mind? Why is he making me wear such an expensive thing? I was about to remove it when Fergus announced my family was here. He turned me around and his cold blue eyes moved from my head to toe as if given me his approval. He pushed my hair behind not letting me hide a hickey. I glared at him when he did that.

"Remember, on your best behaviour," he warned me again, making me roll my eyes. He took hold of my hand and started to drag me to welcome them. He wants his image to be big and mighty in my father's eyes. A cunning smirk formed on my lips. Time to tell Erick Villain that I will never be his slave, nor his rag doll.

Let the drama begin.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 107 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 63.
Vote, comment, and share.