Chapter 65

I once again found myself wandering through those memories.

"Don't do that. I'm so sleepy," I whispered with my eyes still closed. 

"Erick," I protested softly, but instead I heard a chuckle, and his fingers kept making soothing circles on my cheeks. I pouted with my eyes still closed. I felt his lips on mine. 

"I love it when you pout like that," he whispered over my pouty lips, and then his thumb brushed my lower lips. It made me open my eyes. Green clashed with calm ocean blue. I felt like swimming for hours in them. They were so alluring and so calming. They felt like home. My home. He gave me his rare smile, looking into my open eyes. 

"I love your eyes," I said while cupping his face. He was surprised when I said that. I know he loves them too, because it's the only thing he got from his mother. His ocean blue eyes He leaned forward and once again connected our lips. Our lips moulded with each other softly. I don't know when exactly we were so comfortable sharing the kiss so openly. I don't even remember when it became a habit and we became more. This change was slow but, at the same time, so drastic between us. We have somehow found each other in our meaningless lives. He was the only happy thing about my life. The colour of my life The reason for my waking up every day We were so lost in each other that we didn't even realise it when it started raining. We both broke the kiss with a laugh when cold droplets fell on us. 

"It was a sunny day. How did it start running suddenly?" I said in glee when he took my hand and ran to get under the shade, but I stopped him. I was not complaining. I was happy. It felt like the sky was happy too, looking down at us. The cold drops were drenching me and him. I spread my arms wide, letting the rain fall on me. 

"Doll, you will catch the cold'' he said while wrapping both arms around me and shielding me with his huge frame. 

"I love it when it rains," I said with my eyes still closed while looking up at the sky. 

"I love you in the rain," he whispered in my ear, making my heart swell up with this emotion, which I can't name. He presses a kiss on my damp cheeks. 

"You know what my mother said when it rains on a sunny day," he whispered in my ear. Erick never talks about his mother, and I never forced him, but today he did. It made me curious. I open my eyes and look into his ocean-blue eyes. 

"What?" I asked curiously, a small smile playing on my lips. 

"She said it rains when two longing souls meet after an eternity; the sky showers them with a blessing," he said, looking straight into my green eyes. Those words tugged something inside me. Something resolved inside me when I saw a familiar feeling smear in his ocean-blue eyes. Love. My inner voice whispered Love is what I have been feeling for him. I have fallen for him. Hard. I cupped his face and connected our lips once again. We were silently accepting and confessing our feelings for each other. I treasure those moments in my heart that I have spent with him. He was mine. Only mine in those moments. 

Tears slipped from the corner of my eyes, and I jolted up from my memory lane into harsh reality. I was no longer in his warm, comforting arms, but on a cold couch alone. More tears slipped past my eyes, and I suddenly felt an aching pain in the middle of my chest. Everything has changed, and he is no longer mine. I pulled my legs up and rested my chin on them. Tears kept falling from my green orbs. I wrapped my arms around me to comfort myself, but I failed. It didn't want my comfort. The person it was longing for only exists now in my memories. More tears slipped from my eyes. 

The entire night, I struggled to find that comfort within me. The next morning, I still found myself sleeping on the same couch. I was not in a good mood when I woke up. I dumped my half-eaten salad in the dishwasher and then went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. Only a warm shower can make my mood a little better. My stomach whined when I was out of the bathroom. I have not eaten anything since last morning. I decided to fix myself breakfast before going to the office. I had a quick breakfast of eggs and bread. I hurried back to get ready for the office. In fifteen minutes, I got ready and left the office. Today I had a meeting outside the office with a new material supplier. I had a long day today. I went to the office. Like every day, Evily brought me my coffee, but today she slipped a sandwich with it. 

"Thank you for the coffee. I had my breakfast," I said, pushing the sandwich back to her. 

"It's extra energy; you need it," she said, pushing back towards me. 

"I want you to finish it," she said with a firm look on her face. I smiled at my mother. Once I was done with my office meeting, I left for a meeting with the material supplier. The meeting took two hours of my schedule. I had to negotiate over the price for an hour. At the end, we sealed the deal with my price. 

"I'm looking forward to working with you," he said while shaking my hand. 

"Me too." I shook it back firmly with a confident smile on my face. I won't let other people know what's going on inside me. Even if I'm dying inside, I will smile outside. It's a year of practice. I gave him a firm nod before deciding to go back to the office. But I ended up bumping into the last person I thought was here. My eyes were big in surprise, but my mouth had a huge smile on it. His warning black eyes looked down at me with a mischievous grin on his full lips.

"Oh my god! Andrew" 

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 117 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 75.
Vote, comment, and share.