Chapter 40

He was fucking kissing me.

I was in shock for a few seconds when his full lips moved on mine. When I came to my senses, I tried to push him off, but he took hold of both my hands and pinned them on either side of my head. His hard body was pining mine to the door. His lips kept moving on mine. My whole body felt the tingles when his lips gilded on mine. He kissed me hard, urging me to open my mouth. I kept my lips pressed, not giving him an entrance. It made him even more furious. He growled like an animal when I denied him. I know how he likes it. I know how dominating he can be when he wants something. Everything came crashing down on me. He was kissing me as if he was punishing me. Punishing me for pushing him away. Punishing me for denying him. I couldn't take it. It was making me so overwhelmed. I yanked my hands out of his hold with all my strength. I pushed him away. 

"How dare you?" I utter those words in disdain. Tears slid down from my left eye. His cold blue eyes moved all over my face. 

"How dare I?" he mocked with a smirk on his lips. I raised my left hand, and I slapped him hard for kissing me without my concern. The loud sound echoed in the empty room. His jaw clenched and unclenched, and his nose flared in blinding anger. My hand throbbed in pain because of the intensity. My lips were swollen from his ravishment. He was kissing me like a madman. His nose flared even more when I slapped him. He looked up as if to drink his anger back, but then he looked at me. I don't think it helped him. The way his cold blue eyes were looking at me made my stomach scrunch in anxiety. My heart was beating fast in my chest. He once again cupped my face and captured my lips. I had not even recovered from his kiss, and here he was kissing me again. My slap did not have a bit of an effect on him. He was doing what he wanted. He bit my lower lip hard, making me gasp. He took that as an advance and slipped his tongue inside to explore every corner of my mouth. My whole body was burning because of his touch. It was not the first time he had kissed me like that, but every time he did. It makes my toes curl and my heart beat wild. He wouldn't let me out of his hold and kept torturing me with his mouth. Having no choice, I bit on his lower lip until I could taste the metallic blood. He winced but still didn't stop kissing me until both of us were breathless. My whole body was feeling weak. My legs had turned jelly. He moved his hand in my hair, making me look at him. 

"Next time I see him touching you, I will fuck you hard in front of him and make him see how pretty I make you scream," he said in his calm yet spin-chilling voice. My mouth went dry, and my body reacted differently when he said that. Glints of the past flashed in front of my open eyes. 

"You are mine now. I have bought you with my billions. So don't you dare disobey me. Understand!" he said in the same voice, making my heartbeat stop for a second. Of course, my dad must have told him I signed the papers. His words tormented my heart. My dad did sell me to him. Even though I wanted to deny it, it was the harsh reality of my life. Tears formed in my eyes, but I blinked them away. 

"Only for two years after that I will be free from you and my father," I said to his face. "Only two years. Understood!" I mocked him without looking away from his cold blue eyes. His jaw clenched when I said that, but a smirk formed on his lips the very next second. 

"Two years is a long time to break someone and cage them for a lifetime. You will be my sparrow in the cage until death does us apart," he said in the same calm tone with a smirk on the corner of his lips. His words wrought havoc in my heart. I knew he was going to do that to me. But I'm prepared too, so I won't let him win. 

"Keep dreaming, Mr. Villain, because you won't be able to cage me. Ever! Even if you spent billions more you still don't deserve me," I said, pushing him away from me. His jaw clenched when I said that. I wanted him to stumble and fall, but he just shifted a few inches with my push. I said that I opened the door and walked out of there. I slammed it in his face on my way out. I wanted to cry, but I kept holding back my tears. I walked to my office restroom with a heavy heart. Standing in front of the sink, I splashed water on my face. My swollen lips were tingling and felt heavy, as if he were still kissing me. I rubbed my lips to make that feeling go away. I kept doing it until my lips were red. The tears I have been holding back leaked silently from my eyes. 

"I just hate him so much," I broke down. Tears kept running down my face. I sobbed while grabbing the edge of the sink with both hands. 

"Grace, are you okay?" I heard Evelyn knocking on the door after a few minutes. I splashed some more water on my face and took deep breaths to calm myself. I composed myself before answering him. 

"Yes," I said in a normal voice, but it was shaky at the end. 

"You guys continue with the rehearsal. I will be there soon," I said, this time making sure my voice was not shaky anymore. I heard her mumble a small ok before leaving. I decided not to go to the rehearsal room because I was not in the mood to face him again. I just can't. I didn't want to see his ugly face again. I got busy with my words, but what happened earlier kept coming before my eyes. I did my best to forget it, but I couldn't. I had begun to bottle up my emotions. My vision started to blur, and one by one, tears started to fall on the paper I was reading. 

Why am I surrounded by men who only know how to ruin my life? 

"Why can't I be happy for once?" I sobbed out and pushed things down from my table. Pencils and paper weights fell to the ground, leaving me all sobbing. Angry tears ran down my cheeks.

I just hate my life.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 96 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 54.
Vote, comment and share.