Chapter 9

At that moment, I realised I was already in his bad books.

My alarm started to ring, making me groan into my pillow. My sweet slumber was broken, and I was back in my reality. Like every day, I got ready for work. I was wearing trousers with a short white tee and an oversized coat to protect me from the cold winters of New York City. I decided to make breakfast for myself because I didn't eat much for dinner. I fixed a quick sandwich for myself. I grabbed my bag with my half-eaten sandwich and walked out of my house. It took me an hour to reach my office because of the traffic. All this time, what dad said kept reporting in my head. 

"Good morning," Aria said when she saw me walking inside the office. 

"Good morning," I said, a little grumpy, making her look at me with raised brows. 

"I hate New York traffic. Cars don't move for hours," she said in the same tone. It made her nod her head in understanding. I slumped into my chair and massaged my forehead, feeling a little throb on it. 

"I don't think the traffic on New York streets is making you grumpy," Evelyn said while putting a steaming mug of coffee on my table. 

"Thank you," I said while taking a sip of it. It made me relax a bit. 

"What happens at dinner?" she asked while pulling a chair in front of me and sitting on it. Aria stood at the door with her hands folded around her chest. Both of them looked at me, waiting for me to tell them the reason behind my sore mood. I averted my eyes from them and focused on the steam coming out of the hot coffee. 

"Dad had made a deal out of my life. He has fixed my marriage," I said in a heavy voice, keeping my emotions in check. I didn't look away from the steam. 

"What!"  Aria and Evilyn both spoke at the same time. It made me lift my eyes and look at them. 

"If you come to know with whom he has made my marriage deal—" I couldn't complete my words, and tears wouldn't come from my eyes because I had cried my eyes out last night. They were still a little puffy from last night. I kept the mug on my desk and rubbed my face. 

"I just don't know what is happening in my life anymore," I said mournfully while still rubbing my face. Aria walked towards me. 

"Who is it?" Aria asked while putting her hand on my back and rubbing it to console me. 

"Erick," I whispered his words while still hiding my face behind my hands. Aria's hand stopped moving on my back. 

"What the hell?" Evelyn whispered when I said his name. 

"What's wrong with your dad? Why is he doing this to you?" Aria said. Irritation was evident in her voice. 

"God, I seriously don't understand that person," Evlyen said while bumping her first on the desk, making my coffee cup rattle a bit. 

"What did you say?" Evelyn asked after taking a few deep breaths to control her anger. I rubbed my face last time, brushing away my tears with my fingers. 

"I said no. I said I won't trade my life for his so-called deal," I said while sniffing a little. Aria gave me a few issues, and I blew my nose in them. 

"You did the right thing," Aria said while patting my back as if praising me. 

"Finish this, and you will feel a little better," Aria said, giving me my coffee. I had only taken a few sips of it. Drinking it made me feel a little good. 

"Don't you guys think we have been working non-stop for the coming fashion week? Why don't we take a little break today? Let's go outside and have a little fun." Aria suggested beamingly while looking at both of us. 

"Usually I don't like ideas coming out of her mouth, but for the first time, I'm liking it," Evelyn said, and Aria rolled her eyes. I didn't want to go. I didn't feel like going anywhere but my bed. But in the end, they both convinced me to go out with them. In the end, I was convinced that I too needed a break from all this. Until then, I decide to do some work. We had a meeting again today. We had still not decided who was going to be our show-stopper. 

"Guys, it's a wrap for today. We will discuss this again on Monday, so do your research," Aria said while clapping her hands. They all nodded, and I saw happy faces because they were getting off from work. Then I saw a few of the team members start to discuss their weekend plans. I averted my eyes from them and started to collect my papers. 

"I can't wait to be at the club. I'm craving alcohol so bad," Evelyn said with a beaming smile once everyone was out of the meeting room. 

"Me too. I want to dance till midnight. I hope I get lucky tonight," she said with a wink. It made me laugh. She had always been like this, saying what she thought. 

"Yeah, me too. It's been a while since I laid down," Evelyn said with slumped shoulders. Both I and Aria looked at her as if she had grown horns on her head. 

"Don't you have a boyfriend, Evelyn?" I asked with narrowed eyes. 

"God, guys, stop giving me that look. I'm talking about having sex with Alex once I get home all drunk. Both of us have been busy with our work, so you know," she chuckled sheepishly while keeping her hands on her hips. I took a breath of relief. Alex is such a sweetheart. Both of them fell in love their freshman year and have been strong since then. We left for the club after wrapping up everything. Club was already packed with people when we reached there. I saw sweaty bodies dancing with each other under the different lights. They were all here to enjoy their weekend. The DJ was blasting the sound system with all the latest top songs. 

"Let's go to the bar," I said loudly so both of them could hear me. They nodded, and we all went to the bar. For starters, we had tequila shorts. 

"Let's go dance," Aria said, and I walked to the dance floor with her with my whisky in my hand. I don't drink much, but when I do, I like to have something hard to get drunk, and I wanted to get drunk tonight. I so badly wanted to escape from this world and from my life, and that kind of escape only alcohol can give me. 

I don't know how long we kept dancing and drinking alcohol. I don't even know how I reached my house. I woke up with a headache. I was having a very bad hangover. The perks of drinking after so long I sat up and stretched my body with my eyes still closed. I opened my eyes slowly, only to find myself not in my room. Sleep vanished from my eyes, and they widened in panic. I immediately looked down to see if I was wearing my clothes. Only my top was messy. I was still wearing my bra. My heart was beating wildly and my head hurt when I tried to remember what happened yesterday. I need to get out of here. When I tried to get out of bed, I found a masculine hand draped on my waist. I swallowed hard, looking at it. I slowly moved my head to see to whom it belonged. My heart was ready to jump out of my chest when I saw whom it belonged to. My hands immediately shot to my mouth, stopping me from screaming when I found him sleeping beside me. 

What the fuck I'm doing in his bed. 

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 67 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 28.
Vote, comment and share.