Chapter 39

"I will sign the papers."

"I knew you would not disappoint me," Dad said happily while pulling me towards the table. He handed me the contract immediately to sign it. My hands trembled when I held the pen. I signed it with trembling hands and blurred vision. 

"I'm so proud of you," Dad said happily as soon as I signed the papers. I looked at him with blurred vision. I had done so many things in my life to be a good daughter, but he never even once told me that he was proud of me. But today he is telling me that he is proud of me because I have signed my life to the devil to save him and his family. 

"Sacrificing my life for you is what makes you feel proud of me," I asked with a pained smile on my lips. He is proud of me. All my life, I had waited to hear it, but today, when he said that, it felt so meaningless and empty. They meant nothing. He was proud of me for my sacrifices. He stopped smiling when I said that. 

"You know it's not like that, Gracie," he said, making my heart ache even more. 

"Stop it. Don't ever call me that!" I yelled, not wanting to hear his empty words. His face grimaced when I said that. 

"Now that I have saved your business and your family, I will take my leave," I said while yanking my hand out of his hold. I ran out of his study. My vision keeps blurring. I whipped my tears with the back of my hands. I bumped into Lily on my way out. She was surprised to see me crying. She wanted to stop me, but I kept running out. I want to be out of here. I kept crying on my way back home, too. I had just lost the will to live, but I knew I had to keep living in misery for the next two years. I can't even die in peace. That night, I cried myself to sleep. I kept myself more to myself and engrossed myself more in my work. Aria and Evelyn noticed my quiet behaviour and even asked me what was bothering me. I brushed it off every time and didn't tell them what I had done. Tomorrow was the show day, and today was the final rehearsal with the final fitting. 

"Guys, line up!" I called up everyone and clapped my hands. They all line up to do a final rehearsal. 

"Noah, please come in front," I said in the mike. He walked in front to start it again. Music started to play, and they started walking on cue. "Where is he?" I asked Alice while covering the microphone. Everyone is waiting for him. We have to do the final rehearsal of the main event too, but he is still not here. 

"I talked with his secretary.  He is in the meeting. He will be here soon," she informed me. I sigh and go back to the rehearsal. 

"Why is he taking so much time? He should have cleared his schedule before. Doesn't he know everyone is waiting for him?" I was pissed. All models of the main events were waiting for him to arrive. We have already been running late because of him. I don't know how long it will take. All of them need to take proper rest before the event. 

"Stop stressing so much. It's not good for you before the show. He will be here soon, don't worry," Aria said while patting my back. 

"Yes, just chill a bit; everything will be fine. We are all ready for tomorrow's show even if rehearsal doesn't take place today," Evelyn said, bringing a bottle of cold water with her. 

"I just can't! I want everything to be perfect. You know how hard we have all worked for it. I don't want him to ruin it. I swear I will kill him if he pulls out at the last moment," I said in annoyance while taking gulps of cold water from the bottle. They chuckled when I said that. I was serious. He was already playing with my life. I don't want him to do the same thing to others because of me. I continued the rehearsal. He came after half an hour. I kept glaring at him. I had not seen him after that day. Those days are still so fresh in my mind. I did my best to avoid him. I was never present during their rehearsal. I prefer to stay away from it. him as much as possible. I clapped my hands once again when everyone was on stage. They all looked at me. 

"I expect everyone to be present at rehearsal on time. I know for some, it's not an important event, but for us, it is. We have put lots of sweat and effort into it, so I request that you respect that," I said in a stern tone. I was taunting him indirectly. I glared at him before averting my eyes. I handed the microphone to Aria to take the rehearsals. I could feel his burning gaze on me. So ready to eat me up. I walked to the empty seats. 

"Are you ok?" Noah asked me when I took the empty seat beside him. 

"Hmm, just a little bit stressed for tomorrow," I said while closing my eyes and resting my back on the chair. I was doing my best not to let his heated gaze affect me. It was burning me, but I did my best to act cool. 

"Everything is perfectly done. The Designs are top-notch. I don't think you should be stressing; instead, you should prepare for tomorrow's success," he said while taking hold of my hand. It made me open my eyes and look at him. He had a spark in his eyes, which told me he believed in me. 

"You think so?" I asked with hope in my eyes while covering his hand, which was holding mine. He smiled at me brightly and nodded his head. Maybe this is what I wanted to hear. I smiled at him. I was mentally enjoying my success. My attention was diverted when I heard the loud crashing of glass. My eyes found him looking at me. His jaw was clenched, and his nose was flaring in anger. I pulled my hand out of Noah's hold. 

"Oh god, your hand is bleeding! Alice shouted, asking for a first aid kit. My eyes widened when I saw blood on his hand. The glass in his hand crumbled, cutting his skin. Blood dripped from the cut in the middle of his palm. My legs moved on their own, and I found myself walking towards him. Standing in front of him, I took his hand to examine it when he yanked it out of my hold. He glared at me. His jaw was still clenched, and he looked like a raging bull. I could feel everyone's eyes on us. 

"Let me see,'' I said sternly while taking his hand again. I felt people's eyes on me, but it didn't bother me how big the cut on his hand was. 

"Everyone, let's take a break. Snacks and refreshments have been arranged for you all." Aria announced it, and everyone started to leave for another room. Evelyn gave me a first aid box before looking at me for the last time. She was the last one to leave the room. He once again tried to get his hand out of my hold, but I kept my hold firm and bandaged it. He was acting like he had something else to do than getting his and treated. 

"Do whatever you want but first let me bandage it" I said sternly. I don't know why he was acting like a child when he had such a big cut on his palm. He kept looking down at me with his pensive gaze when I said that. The way he was looking down at me made my stomach scrunch in sweet fear. My heart was beating loudly under my rib cage. He was still burning with rage. I let go of his hand to get out of the room. I can't be alone with him in the room. The buzzing tension in the air was making me go crazy. When I was at the door, he took hold of my hand and turned me around. He pinned me to the door. My eyes widened in shock. Before I could process anything, he slammed his lips against me. 

He was fucking kissing me.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 96 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 54.
Vote, comment and share.