Chapter 14

"She will not."

He didn't even give me time to react. My eyes moved from him to Zack. He had a dumbfounded look on his face. He was surprised to see him appearing out of nowhere. I didn't even know he was at the party. My facial expressions matched his. Before I could say anything, I found him dragging me away from him. He was taking me towards the forest, away from the beach house. It made me come to my senses.

"Where are you taking me?" I said it in a little panic. I don't know where he is taking me. He didn't bother to answer me but kept walking to the forest.

Why is he even taking me to the forest?

"I asked you something. Where are you taking me?" I questioned him this time in a firm voice when he didn't say anything. Why is he not answering me? I dug my heels into the sand to stop him. He stopped walking, and I yanked my hand out of his iron-like hold. I immediately rubbed my wrist. Bruises started to appear on my pale skin. My jaw tightened, and I lifted my eyes to glare at him. At the same time, he turned around to look at me.

"What is-" I said in my mad voice, but he didn't let me complete my sentence.

"Do you like him?" he instead questioned me in a demanding way, which once again surprised me. I scowled at him.

"What?" I asked him in disbelief. He looked up and took a deep breath as if to control his anger. I don't know why he was even angry.

"You heard me," he said, taking threatening steps towards me. A humourless chuckle left my mouth, and I rolled my eyes. It has nothing to do with him. Why is he behaving like that? He is behaving like he caught me kissing or something. Suddenly I remembered when I had found him with that cheerleader chick. If I had not mistakenly walked into them, I'm sure they would have continued to make out. I felt a sting in my heart when that incident came again in front of my eyes.

"It's none of your business," I said in my mad voice, not wanting to answer his question. I don't know if I can find my way out, but I have to try. I was about to turn around to walk away from him, but before I could, he circled my waist and pulled me to his hard chest. A gasp left my mouth, and both hands landed on his hard chest. He took hold of my chin with his thumb and forefinger, making me look at him.

"It is my business," he said in dominance. His cold blue eyes looked directly into my eyes. He moved his face forward, leaving only a few inches between our lips. My eyes widened and my heart started to beat fast when he did that. He took a deep breath. I kept looking at him with wide eyes.

"Doll, I won't ask you again," he said in his calm voice, yet at the same time it was so dominating. My mouth went dry, and my heart skipped a beat. Did he call me a doll? Is he mocking me because I know I don't look like a doll? I don't know his reason for giving me an endearment, but I couldn't stop the blush that crept up my cheeks. A big lump formed at the base of my throat. I kept looking back into his eyes.

"Answer me," he urged, pulling me even more away.

Why does he want to know?

"What if I say I do?" I asked, looking into his cold blue eyes. His jaw ticked and his nose flared when I asked that.

"Then you are free to walk away," he said, but his actions were contradictory. His hold became even tighter on my waist, and his face cut the distance between us, making his nose tip touch mine. His warm breath fanned my face, making me swallow hard. My eyes moved to his full lips. There was a small cut on his lower lip, which had started to fade. My hands moved on their own as if they had minds of their own. The pad of my thumb traced the cut on his full lower lip. He closed his eyes momentarily and took a deep breath. I wonder how he gets his cheek or lip bruised every time. Is someone hurting him? I felt pain in my heart when that thought occurred.

"How do you end up having a bruise on your face every day?" I asked him softly and flicked my eyes to look at him. I sound a little worried. He opened his eyes and looked down at me. He hid the emotions that started to appear in his eyes at my question.

"That's not the answer to my question," he said a little severely, refusing to answer me. I could see impatience in his eyes. I want to know it too.

"Mine neither," I said, not liking how it came out of his mouth.

"Answer mine, and I will answer yours," I said stubbornly, trying to make a deal with him. A smirk formed on the corner of his lips when I said that. I don't know why but my heart beat in nervousness looking at his smirk.

"Don't try to make deals with me, doll. Trust me, you will always end up losing it," he said confidently, that smirk still plastered to the corner of his lips. That smug look on his face was pissing me off. I moved my hands and gripped his hands, which were on my waist.

"Ok, then don't answer me, and I won't answer yours," I said while removing his hands from me. If he wants to play, then let's play. It was a little hard to move his hands, but I succeeded somehow. I put distance between us as soon as I moved his hands away from me. He eyed the distance I put between us, and I could tell from his face that he didn't like it.

"It's the last time I am warning you. Don't touch me ever again. I won't let it slide this easily next time without any consequences," I said stubbornly but in a firm tone. I turned around and started to walk. He expects answers from me but won't answer when I question him. It doesn't work like that, and that's what he should know. I had taken only a few steps away from him when a masculine hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me back to his hard chest. He touched me again, but that was not what pissed me off-it was what he whispered next in my ear, so arrogantly.

"I want to know the consequences."

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 70 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 30.
Vote, comment and share.