1

CHAPTER 1 — HAEBARU

A/N: The book will start from highschool/past arc, and then slowly lean towards recent events.

IT'S OKAY. WE'RE THE STRONGEST, AFTER ALL.

──── ────

You were alone in an empty classroom, writing on a piece of paper after school ended. Geto and Gojo got called to the principal's office, so you thought they did something mischievous without telling you again. Suddenly, you remembered about the mission Mei and Utahime were in.

"Oh.. We haven't heard from Mei and Utahime in two days," you mumbled to yourself, scratching the back of your head, "the mission shouldn't be that hard, right? They're strong, after all."

The empty classroom door barged open as you continued writing for a few more seconds, revealing an annoyed Gojo and a calm Geto. You flinched before sighing and giving them a small wave and a smile.

"Haebaru! Let's go," Gojo said nonchalantly, walking towards you and pulling you up gently from your seat.

You let out a small hum, "To where? And I told you not to call me by my last name."

"I like annoying you!" Gojo grinned and pat your head, to which you sighed and pinched his cheek.

"Prepare, Y/N," Geto said, "we're going to rescue Utahime and Mei. They've been gone for longer than expected."

"Oh," you smiled and looked at him, "let's go then. I'm already prepared. I was already starting to get worried, anyway."

They both nodded, dragging you out of the classroom swiftly. Gojo placed you on his shoulders with a grin on his face.

"Ready?" He said to Geto, earning a nod, and then immediately running with an inhumane speed.

"Wait, do you even know where they are?" You said as Gojo carried you and ran throughout the empty hallways along with Geto.

"The old house of the president of some famous food store or something, I don't know!" Gojo replied with a smile.

"Okay, well, I can walk, you know." You grabbed onto Gojo's shoulders to not fall off as he carried you, running everywhere. They both laughed, not listening to what you were saying.

"I can keep up with the pace." You said again, earning a pat on your leg.

They ended up stopping outside the school and waiting for a ride. You got off of Gojo and dusted yourself off, sighing.

"Oh, Y/N, you never showed us your eye before! Under that eyepatch!" Gojo said, poking your left cheek.

Geto grinned and started poking your right cheek, "Hey! I'm also curious!"

"You'll get blasted away if I show you," you said with a deadpan expression as they poked at your cheeks.

"It'll be fine! We're the strongest, after all," Gojo replied with a shit-eating grin.

"I'm being dead serious," you sweat-dropped.

"It'll be fineeeeee!" Geto encouraged with the same shit-eating grin that Gojo had on his face.

"Guys..—"

You got cut off by a black car beeping in front of you, signalling that the ride arrived. You let out a sigh of relief as you all hopped into the car. As you sat down and massaged your sore cheeks from all the poking, Gojo rested his feet on the back of the driver's seat, to which the driver didn't seem to mind. You gave him a deadpan stare, worried about how he treats his upperclassmen with this behavior.

"So, about that eye—"

He was met with a slap to the face, cutting off his sentence.

"For the sake of your safety, I can't show you," you responded, and then shortly covered your mouth as you gasped, "ah— did I hit you too hard?! Sorry!"

"I think you should remember about how much raw strength you possess..." Gojo replied with a wavering thumbs-up to your apology.

Geto hummed, "but, why would it be dangerous? It shouldn't possess that much cursed energy, right?"

You chuckled, "I think you're underestimating my eye."

"Just show us!" Gojo grinned, beginning poking your cheek again, to which you slapped his hand away.

"I really don't want our ride to be destroyed, so I can't really do that," you laughed nervously.

"Will you show us one day, though?" Geto asked, smiling widely as his eyes glittered up.

You chuckled, "Of course.. if it's for a good reason."

Geto and Gojo cheered and gave each other a high five.

"Hey, I want to see, too," A familiar female voice said, patting your head.

"Oh, Shoko, you're here too?" You smiled and turned around to see her sitting in the backseat, "I didn't notice. Sorry."

"I was keeping quiet," she replied, "so it's fine. Plus, you're already dealing with those two numbskulls— figured I'd give you some peace."

"Hey!" Geto and Gojo said simultaneously, glaring at Shoko, earning a chuckle in return.

As you looked out the car window, you saw a sign that read,

"DO NOT ENTER! MANY HAVE GONE MISSING!"

"I'm guessing we're close to our destination?" You asked, the car coming to a halt.

"Actually, we reached it already," the driver replied, to which you sweat-dropped and looked around.

"Creepy. I wonder if any curses are here," Gojo said, jokingly clinging onto Geto's shoulders.

You replied, "If there was, then there'd probably be a veil."

The word 'veil' reminded you of something that one of the four of you had to do, but you couldn't remember what it was. Soon enough, you all got out of the car and went near the manor. It was dark and creepy, making Gojo jokingly cling onto you the whole time.

Gojo stood in front of the manor, "I guess I'll just destroy it, since Utahime and Mei can't—"

The building started to collapse, soon leading towards an explosion. The four of you backed out to not get hit by any falling bricks or debris. You heard Utahime scream as she fell down. The dust of the fallen materials disappeared slowly, and Gojo stepped forward with a taunting smile in front of Utahime who tried to get herself unstuck from all the bricks on her.

"We're here to save you," he looked down, "Utahime."

𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 // 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐮 𝐆𝐨𝐣𝐨 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें