36

CHAPTER 36 — SAITAMA MUNICIPAL URAMI EAST MIDDLE SCHOOL

Oh, Y/N-san! You really haven't aged at all!

HEY! IDIOT A AND IDIOT B! WHAT DID THIS GUY DO TO YOU?!

──── ────

Gojo was out on a business trip overseas, and said he'd be returning next week. As one could guess, he was absolutely devastated, whining to the higher-ups and begging them to let you tag along. But, petty as the higher-ups are, they were unmoving on their decision in which Gojo goes alone.

But, a few hours prior, he told you that he assigned Yuji, Nobara and Megumi on a mission, urging you to tag along with them since he did mention that it was quite a dangerous and risky mission. (Not that you had a choice, he already told them that you were going to come.)

"Yoo-hoo," you greeted with a smile as you walked up to the trio.

"Y/N-sensei!" Yuji and Nobara exclaimed, "Hello!"

"Hello." Megumi greeted politely.

"Where is Nitta?" You asked, looking around for her car but it was nowhere to be seen.

"She said she's arriving in two minutes," Megumi replied, looking at his phone, "Traffic is slowing her down."

Nobara let out a grumble. "What's this mission about anyway?"

"No idea," Yuji replied, "Gojo-sensei just sent us out to get clues about some murders. I think Y/N-sensei will tell us the details."

"I'm surprised the three of you don't know," you said. "I'll explain it in the car."

Coincidentally, Nitta pulled up just as you mentioned the word "car". She beeped the car twice, signalling that she arrived. The four of you got inside, and she started driving immediately.

You pulled out an iPad which had the victims' files listed on it, and you read the contents.

"Kanada Taichi in Morioka, in June."

You tapped on another file.

"Shimada Osamu in Yokohama, in August."

You then tapped on the next one.

"Yamato Hiroshima in Nagoya, in September."

You handed the iPad to Megumi so that he'd be able to read them alongside Nobara and Yuji.

"These three died under similar circumstances. Stabbed to death by a cursed spirit at the entrances to their apartments. All of them also happened to complain about the same thing to management recently, it being that their automatic doors were left unlocked. None of the other residents noticed it, though." You said.

"But the dates and locations are all different. Did they really get killed by the same cursed spirit?" Megumi asked.

"There is a possibility that there are different cursed spirits that have been stabbing them to death," you replied, "But the scheming of the deaths is the same. So what I'm thinking is, it's either the same cursed spirit or multiple that are allies with one another."