23

CHAPTER 23 — ANOTHER LIFE

G-G-G-G-Gojo! H-H-H-H-H-H-He's alive!

HUH? SO, YOU PLAN ON KEEPING ITADORI HIDDEN AWAY FOREVER?

──── ────

Shoko looked confused and turned around, only to let out a surprised sound herself. You all stared at Yuji, who was alive and well. The hole in his chest seemed to heal fully— without a trace of a scar or such. Was it Sukuna's doing? Or was it your Wavering Soul technique? That, was something you could possibly never decipher.

"Woah, full frontal!" Yuji blurted out, noticing he had no clothes on.

"Yuji?" You mumbled, shocked at how he could possibly be alive.

"G-G-G-G-Gojo! H-H-H-H-H-H-He's alive!" Ijichi said, stuttering heavily at his words in pure shock and fear.

Gojo laughed and put a hand to his head, "Ijichi, shut up."

"That's quite a shame," Shoko said in a disappointed tone, removing her mask as she stared at Yuji.

"Um, this is kind of embarrassing.. Who are you?" Yuji asked.

"Yuji!" Gojo called out as Shoko came back with a few clothes to cover up.

He put a hand up and walked towards Yuji, "Welcome back."

"'Sup!" Yuji put a hand up as well, "Good to be back!"

They both did a simple high five, happy to see each other once again.

"Y/N, Shoko," Gojo called out, earning a hum from the both of you, "Could we talk outside? Ijichi, stay here and watch over Yuji."

You both agreed and walked outside, followed by Gojo who was behind the two of you.

Shoko let out a soft groan, "I'll have to revise the reports."

"No, leave them as-is," Gojo said, earning a curious hum from the two of you.

"Me and Y/N will need some time to give him the basic training necessary before he's targeted again," Gojo explained.

"Oh, right," you mumbled.

"Sorry, Shoko, but could you leave Yuji listed as dead on the records?" Gojo asked.

"Huh?" Shoko mumbled out, surprised and confused. "So you plan to keep Itadori hidden away forever?"

"No," Gojo denied, "We'll have him ready in time for the Exchange Event."

"Why?"

"The reason is simple. Nothing should keep this kid from living the best years of his life. Not just him, but everyone else."

The three of you walked down the stairs, continuing the small chatter.

────˚··˚────