20

CHAPTER 20 — "ITADORI"?

Oh? Little miss Y/N? What brings you here?

THAT'S IT. COME ON, YOU CAN DO BETTER.

──── ────

You swore you moved as fast as possible. You hadn't moved so quickly like this in years— it was as if you were running faster than the blink of an eye. But in the end, all proved futile, as the scene before you was one that you wanted to avoid at all costs. Though you didn't want to butt in immediately, you wanted to wait for a few seconds before jumping in.

"What a throughly annoying brat," you heard a deep voice say, from the man who was previously Itadori. He was talking to a visibly Special Grade curse, who was extremely scared of his presence.

"He's obviously screwing around with me," Sukuna put two fingers on his chin then pat the curse on the shoulder, "Hold on for a moment, I'm thinking right now— What can I do to make that brat regret this?"

He thought for a few seconds before an evil grin appeared on his face. He then turned around, scaring the cursed spirit and making it jump back to create distance, "Hey. Let's go kill the brats. Follow me."

You noticed that he just healed all of his fingers simply to create a 'come here' gesture, though his other hand was still missing.

'Yoo-hoo," you appeared in the middle of the two and greeted shortly, your back turned against the curse.

Sukuna's eyes widened, turning around to stare at you. An amused smile then crept up to his face as he regained his composure, "Oh? Little miss Y/N? What brings you here?"

You let out an aggravated sigh, crossing your arms as you thought for a few seconds. "You know, this is the situation I wanted to avoid the most. The worst-case scenario, if I may."

You hummed, still thinking. Your back was turned against the Special Grade curse, but you could still see that it rejoiced its hands together to create a huge orb of purely cursed energy in an attempt to hit Sukuna.

"Dumbass," Sukuna muttered, narrowing his eyes at the curse as it threw the cursed energy orb right towards him.

You stood still and watched as Sukuna healed one of his hands to deflect the attack as if it was nothing.

He lifted his newly healed hand and realized, "Ah, shit. I healed this one too."

The curse let out a shocked gasp, then immediately rejoiced his hands to create another one, this time trying to hit you.

"Huh?" You pointed to yourself and frowned, "Don't tell me you're gonna try killing me with that."

In the blink of an eye, you appeared right in front of the cursed spirit, shocking it out of its concentration of cursed energy. It let out another shocked gasp, trying to swing at you swiftly. Though this didn't get the ending that it should've, seeing as you blocked its arm using your own hand as if it was light work.

You then watched as shock spread throughout its face again, eliciting a mocking and amused smile from you. You squeezed harder, causing blood to draw out as it cried out in pain.