28

CHAPTER 28 — RESPECT

What do you think you're doing?

DO THAT AGAIN, AND I'LL GIVE YOU TWICE THE BEATING.

──── ────

You knew where they were. It took you a brief second to get to the location, but since Megumi was being beaten up— according to Nobara, you knew that he'd get thrown around quite far away from the initial location.

And then, you spotted him, with Todo Aoi. Seeing this made you angry. It expanded your aura, possibly doubling it or even more. You teleported behind Todo and grabbed ahold of his wrist, stopping him from landing another punch on Megumi.

"Todo," you calmly said, though your aura was menacing. It froze them both in place from being intimidated by you.

"What do you think you're doing?" You asked, your grip tightening, making him grunt.

"Y- Y/N-sensei," he grunted, nervously smiling.

"Do that again," you warned, "And I'll give you twice the beating."

"Though that would be really mean..." you mumbled in thought before letting him go.

You turned to Megumi, who was frozen by your presence of cursed energy. You noticed this and controlled your presence, crouching down to examine his wounds.

"Bonito flakes," you heard Toge say softly, along with Panda who just entered.

"It's been a long time, you two," you beamed a smile and waved at them.

"Y/N!" Panda exclaimed, "What happened here?"

"A fight, supposedly," you replied, then turned towards Megumi again.

"Megumi, can you hear me?" You asked, waving your hand around.

"Yes, I can," Megumi nodded.

"You might be suffering from a concussion." You reached your hand out and gently caressed his head, blue light emanating off your hands.

"Lucky," Todo mumbled under his breath and scoffed.

He closed his eyes shut, trusting the process. In a few seconds, he couldn't feel pain from his head anymore, which left him confused. You helped him get up, giving him a handkerchief as well.

"You should still visit Shoko," you spoke with a soft tone, "Just in case."

"Thank you, sensei," Megumi nodded, clenching the handkerchief gently.

You smiled at him, then turned to Todo. "Why wouldn't you just wait until the Exchange Event? Go home already, Todo."

"Right," he nodded.

"Where's Nobara?" You asked, to which Megumi's eyes widened.

"She's near the vending machines, with Mai—"

────˚··˚────

You summoned a sword and threw it with precision, pinning Mai's gun to the wall and inevitably destroying it.