15

CHAPTER 15 — INTERVIEW

Eight minutes late.

YUJI, DON'T FIGHT BACK. JUST DEFEND.

──── ────

The three of you walked slowly inside a temple, making the door immediately close behind you.

"You're late, Satoru and Y/N," a deep voice said, "Eight minutes late."

Yuji gasped as he saw all the cute dolls that Yaga made.

"Not late enough to get me angry, but I thought I told you to fix that habit of yours," he said.

"I apologize for the tardiness," you apologized and gave him a small bow, "We were caught up in our own—"

"If it's not enough to get mad about, then please cut us some slack," Gojo replied nonchalantly, "You're just making dolls, anyway. Eight minutes is no big deal, right?"

Yaga sighed, then looked at Yuji.

You smiled and looked at Itadori aswell, introducing them, "That's Principal Masamichi Yaga."

"That's the kid?" Yaga asked.

Yuji bowed, "My name is Itadori Yuji! I'm into girls like Jennifer Lawrence! Nice to meet you!"

"Why are you here?" Yaga asked seriously.

"For an interview?" Yuji replied.

"But why Jujutsu Tech?"

"..To learn Jujutsu?"

"I mean beyond that," Yaga said, "What happens after you learn about curses and the way of exorcism?"

"Well, I mean..." Yuji paused to think for a second, "I'm gonna collect all the fingers of Sukuna. Can't just leave them all out there."

"Why?" Yaga questioned further, "People you don't even know are dying due to crimes, accidents and diseases in the natural cause of life."

"It's begun..." Gojo chuckled, resting his arm on your shoulder and watching as Yuji struggles to keep up with Yaga's questions.

"But you're telling me you can't overlook it when that death is caused by a curse?" Yaga asked.

"It was someone's dying wish," Yuji answered, "I don't care about the details. I just wanna help people."

"A dying wish?" Yaga echoed, "So you're telling me that you're only fighting curses because someone told you to? Disqualified."

Yaga raised his hand, and suddenly one of his dolls came to life. It started growling at Yuji and glaring at him.

"Those.. weren't dolls?!" Yuji's jaw dropped.

"Cursed corpses. They're dolls infused with my curse," Yaga explained, before the doll disappeared and appeared in front of Yuji in the blink of an eye.

You and Gojo watched the doll start punching at Itadori heavily as if he were a punching bag.

"Go Yuji!" You whispered a cheer as you clapped quietly.