34

CHAPTER 34 — REPLACEMENT

Thanatos' Weeping.

HMM.. WHAT ABOUT A BALL GAME? LIKE BASEBALL?

──── ────

Your technique unleashed multiple yet huge balls of cursed energy which would look like a huge balls of flames— hence the name, Reign of the devil's Flames, combined with Gojo's Hollow Purple that was forming right before you. This enhanced the effects of it, also having a huge amount of explosive power along with effects.

You stared intensely at the technique being released with a twinge of satisfaction present in your eyes. This wasn't enough, though. You wanted it to be fatal. You extended your hand and focused on the cursed energy around you, amplifying it little by little, until—

"Thanatos' Weeping."

The shadow under your arm grew wider, expanding until it looked like the shadow of some sort of horrific monster. Your nose started bleeding because of this technique, but you couldn't care less. As long as that curse died, you thought. The shadow chased Gojo's Hollow Purple, eventually combining with it to create a darker shade. It then shot across the forest in an unavoidable speed, destroying a huge part of it. Your Thanatos' Weeping technique also drained the life of half the forest during this.

"Ow! It hurts! It hurts!" The curse user cried.

"Quiet!" Gakuganji shouted.

"Yay!" Gojo grinned with a thumbs up, his other hand sliding his blindfold back on. "That settles everything!"

You swiped a thumb below your nose, wiping the blood but inevitably smearing it.

"Or not." you looked behind you through the corner of your eyes, disappointed and annoyed.

"My goodness.." You let out a sigh, crossing your arms in dissatisfaction. "..Even after all that."

"We'll get it next time!" He reassured you. "What's more important—"

He looked as if he were worshipping you, getting on his knees and holding his hands together. "Your eye is so cool!"

"H- Huh? Oh, no—"

Your uncovered eye gleamed purple before a strong wave of cursed energy burst in your area, cracking the ground a little. It would be enough to launch someone away, but Gojo was able to keep his ground, though still being pushed slightly by it.

You quickly covered your eye again. "I'm really sorry. You're not hurt, right?"

"No! Your eye is so cool!" You could sense that Gojo's eyes were glittering in awe behind that blindfold after witnessing your eye for the first time. "I've never seen it before, holy shit— I am not disappointed!"

You smiled. "Thank you. I'm glad it didn't disappoint."

"Also," he hummed, "I thought you only had four separated techniques?"

You let out a chuckle, then put a finger to your lips. "It's a secret."

His mouth hung open, a tint of red dusting over his cheeks. "Right!"

────˚··˚────

All of the authorities were called inside the Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical High School for a meeting— Discussing what happened during day one of the event and talking about the unregistered Special Grades. Without your knowledge, all of Sukuna's fingers had been stolen while you and Gojo were out.

"Next up are the casualties." Ijichi looked at the small board he had in his hands. "Three second-grade sorcerers, one semi-first-grade sorcerer, five assistant supervisors, and two cursed storehouse guards. They were all sorcerers standing by at school, working separately from Gojo-san and Principal Yaga. We're waiting on the report from Ieiri-san, but involvement of the curse that Nanami-san fought is all but confirmed."

"Tch!" Gojo clicked his tongue.

"Should we share this information with the students and other sorcerers?" Utahime asked.

You let out a hum. "No. It's probably better to keep this among us."

Gakuganji let out a hum of agreement.

"Right. We don't want curse users knowing that Special Grade objects were stolen." Yaga thought out loud. "Did the one we captured spill anything?"

"Uhh.." Ijichi trailed off for a few seconds. "It isn't hard to get him to speak, but most of what he says is irrelevant nonsense. According to him, he was involved with the attack only because he was ordered to as part of a deal."

"I wanted to make a coat rack. The monk promised me that. I don't know their name. I couldn't even tell if they were a man or a woman. Just a brat with white hair in a bob cut," Ijichi quoted.

"An androgynous monk kid with a bob cut?" Mei echoed, then looked to you and Gojo. "That ring any bells?"

"Nope!" Gojo held his hands up, looking like he's surrendering something. "We sure he's not just spouting bullshit? Do we have anyone skilled at getting confessions?"

"If he had provided any more details, then maybe.." you mumbled, a faint yet hazy image appearing in your head. "It rings a faint bell, but I can't seem to—"

"It's alright, Y/N." Gojo pat your head, stopping you from overthinking. "Don't think too much about it."

"How did curses and non-staff members get through Tengen-sama's barrier in the first place?" Utahime asked.

"That was probably the work of the Special Grade curse the students fought." Gojo replied. "That one has a unique presence. It's definitely a cursed spirit, but it's incredibly close to a natural spirit. According to Aoi, it was able to hide among plants. And Tengen-sama's barrier wouldn't work on plants. His barrier puts all its power into hiding, not protecting. So once you get it, it's kind of weak."

The whole room fell in silence, taking in all of what Gojo said. During this, you were making assumptions regarding the motive of why the Special Grade would even want to take the fingers. Were they feeling threatened due to Yuji's increasing power of the fingers? Or are they trying to increase their own power? You didn't understand, but something was off for sure.

"..For now, let's be glad our students are safe," Utahime said.

"But it goes without saying that the Exchange Event is now canceled." Yaga stated.

"Hold on a second!" Gojo stopped him. "That's not for us to decide, you know?"

Everyone stared at him, confused and looking at him as if he were insane.

"So what should be the replacement for this event?!" He then asked excitedly, not caring about the nasty stares.

"Well then..." You hummed in thought. "What about a ball game? Like baseball?"

"HELL YEAH!"