40

CHAPTER 40"SPECIAL GRADE"

Unheard Prayers of the Sacred Oath.

DO YOU RECOGNIZE IT?

──── ────

You stepped back slightly, looking at the curse with a plain expression. You could tell it was nervous below your condescending glare, beads of sweat forming at the top of its head.

"So?" You hummed. "Do you want to play?"

The curse's breath hitched before a grin appeared on its face, almost as if it reassured itself. "I'd like to be the lion in the game!"

With that, it backed away, smiling widely as it charged up to attempt to spit blood on you. The attempt was futile though, as you anticipated this and reacted accordingly; a smooth dodge.

"Blood manipulation?" You thought to yourself, observing the way the curse tried to spit blood at you. "The blood can't possibly be used as a distraction after all, right?"

As you looked behind you, the rock wall was sizzling upon contact with the misfired blood. This confirmed your suspicions— The curse was either using blood manipulation, or a messy cursed technique that imbedded acid into its blood.

"You three," you called out, though not looking back. "Go and kill the things popping up from the ground. It'll be a game of whack-a-mole."

"Right!" They obliged, looking around for the moles popping up from the ground.

You sighed as you continued effortlessly dodging the acidic blood, in the same time making sure that it doesn't fly to Megumi, Yuji or Nobara. You let out a hum, clasping your hands together.

"Being a curse must be so tiring.." you said in a fake pitiful tone. "I should put you out of your misery."

A strong wave of cursed energy made its way to your hands as you inhaled a sharp breath. The pressure made the ground crackle slightly beneath your feet, your hands glowing slightly.

"."
(kanji for 'two')

"Unheard Prayers of the Sacred Oath."

The swords that you previously summoned quickly crystallized in a shade of crimson red, then started moving in slow-motion. The curse was confused, stopping in its movements to have its defence up— unsure of what these crystallized swords are capable of.

"I guess we both have some blood techniques, huh?" You chuckled, "I imbedded my blood in my swords. That's why their shade is such a crimson red."

The swords were moving so painfully slow that it could easily hurt one's brain and alter it ever so slightly, yet so effectively. You were making them spin in a circle, eventually leaving the curse in a daze as it tried to keep up. Once you could tell that reality was completely altered for this curse, you put two of your fingers together and then—

All 12 of the swords punctured the curse at once.

It was left gasping for air, finally getting a grasp of what type of situation it's in currently. Holes were left everywhere in its body. But to make it worse for it, you snapped your fingers, making the crystals explode everywhere, leaving it to look like a one huge red crystal block.