30. Comforting

Bianca's POV

" You just didn't do that!" I threw a book at him but he effortlessly ducked and dodged it.

But I was faster , again I took another and this time it met right on his nose.

"Ouch!" He clutched his nose and winced. I scrunch my eyes and looked away in guilt, taking a step towards him. I placed a hand on his face to see if I injured him seriously. With one move he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his chest. " You were saying something, bunny?"

My eyes widen at the betrayal he just gave me. This guy tricked me. Two betrayals in one day.

" This is not right. " I tried to pull myself away from me but he refused to loosen his grip. " You can't just do this. You could have at least asked for my permission."

The only response I got was a tilt of his head. The confusion appeared in his eyes at my reaction, like he wasn't expecting this type of reaction. But then what did he expect? For me to hug him for his shock.

" I thought this would be a return gift to you. You didn't like it?"

I sighed heavily," Ben, you just gave my draft to a publishing house. Not just any publishing house but one of the biggest in the country. This is… this is just so horrible. "

With every passing second my panic increased, I sat on the bed and rubbed my face.

I had no idea when Ben read my draft and what came into his mind that he decided it would be a good idea to send it to a publishing house. Now I'm officially going to become a laughing stock for them.

" Your book is good. It deserves to be published."

"No! It doesn't! My book is horrible. Ben, you don't understand," again I facepalmed myself and looked away as I couldn't stare into those blue orbs without feeling ashamed.

He read my book. Not a book but a draft. My horribly edited third draft. Even with his little knowledge of books he must have known how horrible I was still he did that. Was he trying to take some kind of revenge?

A soft touch on knee made me open my eyes, there he was kneeling in front of me looking like a sad puppy. Like he had no idea that he just made fun of me.

" I really don't understand. " He confessed with nothing but honesty in his eyes. " They asked for a meeting, nothing else. They just want to meet you. "

That's the problem. I don't wanna meet them. They'll just make fun of me and make me feel bad about my writing.

" I'm not ready for this. " I kept looking at my palm. " This is not something small, it takes years for some writers to reach this level and I can't take it due to some connections. "

Placing fingers beneath my chin and made me look into his eyes.

" You think I'm doing you some favour. " I tried to look away but he gripped my chin tightly. " Yes, I don't know anything about books but I enjoyed reading yours. I know their might be books better than yours, writers better than you but you're special to me and I'm going to show you your potential and I'll do everything I can do for you. "

A tear fell from my eyes at his words," But I don't deserve it. "

He sighed and sat beside me," So I wasn't going to tell you but Chris has read your story and he's into this kind of book so I knew he'll give an honest review. He told me that your story is amazing, he actually loved your storyline. It's completely different from all the stories in this genre. He told me a lot of this book but I couldn't understand half of it. "

Of course, he couldn't. I chuckled and wiped my tears.

" Honestly speaking, Chris never compliments any book like this. He usually starts with a list of criticism and then will say a few nice words. And he did say some stuff about your book," my ear perked up at it. And I waited for him to tell me about those bad things. " But he also said a lot of good stuff. And most importantly he said that your book has potential that's why he told me to contact with this publication house. "