17. Anniversary Party

Till now, which character from this story do you like the most or can relate to??

*_____________________________________________*

Ben

One thing I have learned after staying with him for 19 years is that, no matter how much I tried to fight against Uncle Mason I could never win. At the end of the day things will always happen in his way.

Like right now, coming to this stupid party was the last thing I wanted still I was here, standing in the corner like a sociopath. I looked around and saw the fake smiles and laughter on everyone's face. Only few of them seemed genuine while most of them are only here for formality.

I don't even know who organised the party, the only information I had was that it was wedding anniversary of some rich doctor.

Looking at the mirror  in the corner I observed myself, my previous long hair were now cut short and were gelled back neatly. I guess this is the most put together I have ever looked. I don't mind dressing up  just not for occassion like this.

My brothers were talking with some guys around their age, maybe about business and stuff.

Sometimes I wish I was like them. It sucks being a introvert, I can't even go and say 'hey' to anyone. And on the other hand my younger brother was flirting with numerous girls without any care.

I squinted my eyes to get better look of the girl, I knew that girl. She was friend of Bianca. I don't remember her name but I was sure it's her. She was smiling at something Cole said to her. From my view it was clear that the idiot was flirting with her.

"Hello brother",I turned towards my little brother Leo and nodded at him. "So, you're enjoying the party?"

"Do I look like I'm enjoying the party?",I scowled.

He chuckled lightly," It seems like there is nothing you enjoy".

"There are few things I enjoy"

"Like?",he asked while sitting on the chair nearby. I just shook my head without replying. "Please tell me, Ben. It feels like you're a stranger not my big brother. I know I'm not the best person to share your problems but I can listen".

It shocked me for a moment as I stared at my 15 year old ,baby brother. It feels like yesterday when I took him in my arms for the first time and now years later he is behaving more mature then me.

A part of me wanted to avoid answering his question as it was too late to fix things but then the other part over took it. Because no matter what he's my brother, he'll always be. And nobody can change that.

"I like painting",I sat besides him and tried to smile . He turned towards me and gave a surprise glare. "And tattooing".

He chuckled and shook his head," Your tattoos are really cool. Can I also get one?"

"No",I immediately replied and he pouted. "You're too small".

"Please!!!",he begged clutching my arm and  I felt my heart warming, I didn't even have to try to smile this time. It just came.

"I'll do your tattoo once you turn 18",he opened his mouth but I cut him off. "No arguments".

"Ok fine, but at least tell me about your paintings",he said. "Do you want to become an artist?"

"I'm not sure",I replied. "I enjoy painting but I'm not that serious about it".

"Wow, the eldest son of Jason Martino wants to become Painter",I turned and cursed as I saw the person in front of us. The person I planned to avoid tonight but I guess it's impossible.