35. Happy new year

Ben

" Since when did Bennett Martino started smiling so big?" I felt a nudge on my side. Putting my phone down I looked at my best friend who was grinning like a kid while wiggling his brows.

I rolled my eyes before replying," Since Bunny entered my life. "

"Oh my god! What has happened to him?!" Kevin shouted loudly gathering the attention of all the people who were partying in the mansion.

Like every year Cole arranged a new year's party in the mansion. Unlike previous years, this year I decided to attend it as I didn't want to miss any chance to spend time with my brothers. It was a little uncomfortable but still tolerable.

Thankfully Brittany instantly came to his side and stopped him from creating a scene.

" Bree, what has your best friend done to my buddy? Like look at the glow on his face. Fuck! You're blushing man!" He started laughing loudly.

I looked away to hide my face so that my brothers wouldn't notice me. Why am I still friends with this idiot?

"Kevin, should I show him that video of yours?" Brittany threatened and he instantly stopped laughing and pure betrayal took its place.

"What video?" I couldn't help but ask.

"The one your dear friend was drunk and started confessing---" before she could complete Kevin placed his hand on her mouth and pulled closer to him. She tried to free herself but he obviously didn't let that happen.

" You promised you wouldn't mention that," Kevin said. Brittany narrowed her eyes at him before releasing a muffled 'fine' and he instantly released her and pressed a soft kiss on her lips.

"And you think I'm the whipped one," I commented watching him melting over his girlfriend.

" I never said I'm not whipped," he shrugged. " Have you seen her face? Any man would wish to worship her. "

Blush rose on Brittany's face at his remark. I smiled watching them, I did have my doubts at the beginning of their relationship as Kevin has never been in a serious one but he erased all those doubts. The glow on Brittany's face was enough proof.

"And not every wish is granted," Cole came and stood beside me and stared at Kevin. " You're lucky that yours got, make sure to treat her well otherwise I'll be the first one to steal her. "

Kevin was too struck to reply to him. He stared at Brittany but she carried the same shocking expression.

"Hey! Don't behave like that, I can be nice too," Cole said, getting offended by their behaviour. "But it only happens once in a while so don't get used to it. "

We all rolled our eyes together as his Cole-ness was back.

" Just wait till you meet your match then all that attitude will wash off," Kevin warned him.

" That's not gonna happen in this life," he scoffed. " Come let's have a drink, Bree. "

Before Kevin could stop him he ran off with Brittany and Kevin ran behind them while shouting. I shook my head at those three kids and again went back to watching the pictures that Bianca sent me. She seems to have a great time with her family.

I was happy for her but I also wanted her to be back as soon as possible. Every minute that I spent without her feels like a year. And I haven't even given my gift to her.

My eyes took in the buzzing surrounding, the loud music didn't feel that odd anymore and surprisingly I was getting used to this crowd. The people around would occasionally give me a smile or wave and I would reply with my own.