12. Apology

I'm looking for some new books to read. Any recommendations guys?

Ben

"No! Please don't leave me! No mama no! Please please! Don't!! ", I woke up panting hard.

My body was covered in sweat and I could hear by heart thumping against my ribs. I wiped my forehead with back of my hand and looked at clock.

5:24

Entering the washroom I took a hot shower to relax my muscles.

Thankfully my room is sound proof , that's why none of my family knows that I get nightmare. The only person who knows about it is Kevin but I took the promise from him to not tell anyone.

Kevin tried to convince me to meet psychiatrist but I denied.

Because I deserve it, it's my punishment for being a bad son and a bad brother. A son who couldn't save his parents, I saw them dying but I didn't do anything as they took their last breath in my arms and the only thing I did was to cry like a coward. My sister was taken away in front of my eyes but I was too weak to protect her

This is my punishment and I can't run away from it.

I took out the canvas and started painting random images that came into my mind. After finishing my painting I placed it inside my wardrobe and locked it.

As I don't have clothes to fill the wardrobe with I cover the space with my paintings.

I wore the first clothes that I found and ran my fingers through my long hair, I think I need a hair cut but I am too lazy to go to salon.

As I walk out I see all my brothers eating breakfast, it's best to sneak out before uncle Mason comes.

"Ben ", aunt Alia shouted. "Come for breakfast"

To be honest I am hungry but I didn't wanted to take risk. If uncle Mason will come then my day is going to be ruined. Actually, either way my day is going to be bad.

"No, I am getting late for classes", I excused.

" Don't worry I'll drop you", Theo said. I was shocked by his words this is the first time he was ready to help me. He knew that I go by bus everyday but he never offered me ride before.

I am noticing that something is wrong with him. He is being overly nice to me.

"No need", I walked out without looking back . I could hear him yelling at me but I cared less about it.

"So how was your experience of getting locked up with that girl? ", Ken smirked while sipping his drink.

I gave him a annoyed glare to which he started laughing, again. He hasn't stop teasing me since the incident, it was only about 10 minutes stay with her still this idiot can't stop teasing me.

" She was a cute girl, if I would be at your place then I would have definitely taken advantage of it"

I rolled my eyes , it was typical Kevin thinking. There is no way I'll start talking with a girl I don't even know, but I do regret the way I treated her. Since the morning I was in rough mood, first my horrible nightmares then Uncle Mason's lecture it was getting worse and worse. At the end I poured all my anger into that poor girl.

As I took my drink I noticed a letter beneath it.

Good morning,

I hope you're doing well, I don't know what to say so just eat well and focus on your studies.

~your stalker❤️

A smile came on my face looking at it, even though it was just a tiny note still it made me relieved that there was someone who was making effort to look after me.