2.

-
Baylen had found Dylan in his room under the blankets. "Hey, man. Listen, Tara didn't mean what she said, alright?" Baylen sat on the bed, leaning his back against the end of the bed.

"You're my baby brother, okay? No matter what anyone says, you're always gonna be my baby brother." Baylen said, and Dylan sat up, the blanket falling off of him.

"Really?" He questioned, and baylen nodded, smiling at him. "Yeah, dude. Besides, dad and Papa, you and I are the only boys in this house. We gotta stick together."

Dylan frowned, "You think they're ever gonna adopt me?"

Baylen reached his hand out and ruffled Dylan's hair. "Of course, they are. Hey, let me tell you a secret."

Baylen leaned a bit forward, "I overhead Papa talking to mom this morning. Mom said the adoption papers are almost ready. Dad said he was really excited to adopt you. You heard that, right? They're really excited to adopt you, and once they adopt you, it's sealed. You and me?we're gonna be brothers forever."

Dylan smiled and threw himself at baylen, hugging him. "You're the best brother ever, bay." Baylen smiled and hugged Dylan back.

"Right, come on, little man. It's time for bed, or else our sisters gonna have my head on a stick." Baylen said, and Dylan giggled.

"Go brush your teeth," Dylan nodded and jumped off the bed before rushing to the bathroom.

"You eavesdrop on our parents again?" Harvey questioned, and baylen turned his head to look at her. She was leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed.

"Was I? I was simply going to grab some breakfast when I just heard something I wasn't supposed to." Baylen said with a small grin.

Harvey chuckled before frowning ,"Hey, forget what Tara said, alright? She's a teenager with a bunch of mood swings. You're a part of this family, mom, dad, and Papa chose you. They adopted you, got it?" Baylen told her

"You're a teenager too." Harvey pointed out ,"Yeah, I am, but I'm more understanding. I understand more than I let everyone know." Baylen replied

Dylan walked out of the bathroom and crawled back on the bed. Baylen tucked him in, "lamp light on?"

Dylan nodded ,"Yeah." Baylen smiled before standing up. "Night, little man."

"Night bay, night Harvey." Baylen walked out of Dylan's room, leaving the door open.

"Gonna make sure everyone else is either still in their room or sleeping." He said, and Harvey nodded.

"Get some sleep, bay." She told him, and baylen chuckled, "I have a horror movie to finish watching."
- -
After making sure the others were in their room's since two of them always seem to be sneaking out. Baylen went back downstairs.

Tara seemed to have gone back to her room. Baylen let out a small sigh before he heard banging in the back.

He walked down the hallway and into the back of the house. He flicked the lights on before flicking the outside lights.

From the glass sliding doors, he couldn't see much. The large backyard was empty.

The banging sounded again, and baylen sighed. He better check it out before someone starts complaining about it.

He knows not to investigate a strange noise, especially in the dark, but he was going to have to anyway since he was the only teenage boy in the house.

Dylan was a kid, so they weren't gonna send him out and investigate the strange noise.

He put his shoes on before grabbing a flashlight from the drawer and headed outside. He clicked the flashlight on. It was chilly outside.

It was due to it being fall. Leaves were all over the backyard, and it was Baylen's job to rake them all. Of course, his dad and Papa could do it, but they have been working so much, and it's the least baylen could do for his parents.

The banging sounded again, and it sounded like a door was hitting against wood.

Baylen looked around before spotting it. It was the fence door hitting against the fence.

Confused as to why the wooden fence door was opened. He walked over and closed it, locking it.

"Werid." He mumbled . He shook his head before walking back inside the house, but as he reached the sliding doors. He heard noises coming from the side of the house.

"I'm seriously gonna get murdered." He mumbled to himself before he went to go check it out.

As he rounded the corner of the house, someone screamed before punching baylen.

"Ow! What the fuck!" Baylen winced, feeling blood dripping down his nose.

"Oh, shit! Bay! What the fuck, man!" It was Connie. Abby's , a sister of baylen, girlfriend.

"Me? What the fuck, Connie!? Sneaking around? Use the front door next time! Man, you punch me." Baylen said, whining a bit

"Of course! I thought you were some psycho serial killer or something!" Connie whispered shouted.

Right, Connie? She's the adopted daughter of Randy meeks and Mickey altieri.

"Ha, I thought the same thing." Baylen told her, using his sleeve to wipe the blood.

"Was that you that opened the fence door?" He questioned, and she shook her head ,"No. I climbed over it. Abby sent me out to see what the banging noise was."

"And she couldn't come with you?" Baylen questioned, "and wait! I checked on Abby, and you weren't there. Were you hiding in the closet or something?" Baylen questioned, and Connie chuckled

"Maybe." Baylen hummed

"Do me a favor and go back to Abby. I have a bad feeling about this, and once you reach Abby. Can you do me another favor and check on everyone again? Just to be sure? And check the closets, please?" Connie nodded

"I will and maybe call your Sheriff dad?" Connie suggested, "I will."
---------------------------
Word count - 973

Hope you enjoy!