8.

-
Baylen stirred in his sleep before a small groaned left him as he slowly opened his eyes. He couldn't sleep. It was like something was wrong, and his body knew it, and he couldn't sleep.

He let out a yawn and checked his alarm clock. It was 2.a.m. in the morning , he rubbed his eyes but paused as he heard a creak.

Confused, he lifted his head, looking around his room, but everything was dark and blurry. His cursed his eyesight,

He missed the dark figure that stood by his door. He reached out and turned on the lamp before grabbing his glasses from the table.

He put his glasses on, and nothing was blurry anymore. He looked around his room but he didn't see anything.

He heard more creaking coming from the hallway. Due to his room being in the attic, he was the only one on the top floor.

He pulled the covers off of him before he stood up. He carefully and slowly walked out of his room.

There was no light in the small hallway, but baylen could make out a figure by the stairs. It was a woman, or at least it looked like a woman.

"Mom? Is that you?" Baylen questioned. It was probably just his mom, right?

"Mom?" Baylen walked closer, but the figure disappeared. Confused, baylen decided to see if his mom was in her room or not.

Carefully, he walked down the stairs. He made it to the second floor below the attic, but he still had two more floors before he reached the floor level, his parents were at.

Baylen turned around as he heard a creak from behind before he felt two hands pushing.

Baylen tried to hold to the railing, but he couldn't get a grip, and he fell. He couldn't even make a sound as he went down the stairs,

He heard a snap but didn't even have a chance to scream. All the air in his lungs went away as his back landed roughly on the wooden floor as he finally reached the bottom of the stairs.

He was struggling to breathe, and small wheezes left his body, and pain erupted from his right arm.

The lights were turning on, and baylen was kinda surprised that he still had his glasses. He thought they would've fallen. Maybe they were broken.

"Baylen! Oh my god!" Cassie rushed over, her eyes filled with worry. "Call 911!" She yelled her hands hovering over her son, she didn't know what to do.

"S- someone was in the house...I saw them...I thought it was you but it wasn't...they..they pushed me down the stairs.." Baylen told her

"He's bleeding from his head." Stu said, grabbing a few towels and putting underneath baylen's head.

"Is..is my arm broken? I think it's broken, right? I heard a snap," baylen clenched his eyes shut as he felt his dad moving his arm a bit.

"Sorry, sorry," stu told him, and baylen was holding back tears.

He let out a small chuckle, "I can't be Scooby any more with a broken arm."

"Mom!" Harvey paused by the stairs, her eyes widening at the sight of her brother.

"Go back to your room and make sure everyone else stays in their room!" Billy ordered before he went to baylen.

Baylen's brown hair was caked in blood, his arm was different broken, bleeding. God, Billy never wanted to see his children like this before.

"Mm...you think I can go to school tomorrow?" Baylen asked

"Not a chance, kid." Billy told him , and baylen chuckled, "That sucks,"

"Hey, keep your eyes open, bay. You can't fall asleep yet." Stu told him as he noticed that baylen's eyes were slowly closing.

"No falling asleep...got it," baylen mumbled ,

"Hey, make sure the doctors don't shave my head, okay? I want my hair still...still intact." Baylen said with a small grin

The ambulance sirens could be heard, and baylen eyes felt so heavy.

"Hey, bay, keep your eyes open!'
----------------------------
Word count - 679

Hope you enjoy!