9.

-
Baylen seriously hated being in the hospital. He was fine, other than injuring his head and breaking his arm. He was fine.

He had to wear a cast on his arm, but he wasn't allowed to leave the hospital until the doctors told him he could leave.

Well, on the bright side, he still had his hair. Now, he was currently trying to convince his parents to go to work.

"Seriously, I'm fine." Baylen told them, "You guys need to go to work, plus I won't be alone for long. Chad promised to stop by after school, I'm pretty he isn't gonna be alone."

"Are you sure? We can stay here with you." Cassie told him, brushing some of baylen hair to the side.

He had a white bandage around his head. It was a little tight, but he wasn't gonna complain about it.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Baylen said, with a small soft smile.

"Okay, but you call us if you need anything." Stu told him,and baylen nodded.

"I will, I promise."

"You get some sleep, okay? You look tired," Billy told him. "Yeah." Baylen replied

It wasn't long before his parents left, and baylen sighed before closing his eyes, trying to sleep.
- -

Baylen woke up as he felt a piercing pain in his arm. He looked down at his good arm, seeing a needle in his skin.

"H-hey, what are you doing?" Why does his tongue feel so heavy. He glanced up and saw a woman with dark brown hair and a scar on her neck.

"S-stop." Why were his eyes feeling heavy again?

"Don't worry,Bay. This isn't personal. Just blame your parents."

Baylen eyes closed, and the machines started to beep.
- -
Billy was in his office when the phone rang. He picked it up, "Hello?"

"Mr. Prescott Loomis-macher?" A soft feminine voice question

"Yes, this is him." Billy told her, worry began to bubble in his stomach.

"I'm a nurse from the woodsboro Hospital. Your son is fine, but he flatline a few minutes ago -"

"What!?what do you mean he flatlined? I thought he was fine?" Billy questioned as he stood up and rushed out of the office and out of the police station.

"That's what we are trying to figure out, right now, sir. Dr. Paterson will tell you more once you arrive." The nurse told him.

"I'll be there in five." Billy hung up and called stu and Cassie.
- -
Baylen's mouth felt dry when he woke up. He could hear voices arguing, worried. He felt someone holding his hand ,

"A- aunt tat?" It was Tatum riley, his pseudo aunt.

"Bay! Oh, thank God you're alright. You had us all worried." She told him, baylen was so confused.

"Where's my parents?" Baylen questioned, "they're outside with the doctors," Tatum told him, brushing some of his hair to the side.

"There....there was a woman in here... she gave me something...she said..she said that -" baylen coughed, and Tatum passed him the glass of water with a straw.

Baylen drank some of the water. Refreshing his throat, he sighed.

"She said that it was my parents' fault, Aunt Tatum." Baylen said, and Tatum tensed.

"I'll be right back." She said before she rushed out of the room. Baylen lifted his hand and rubbed his eyes.

"Baylen," his parents walked into his hospital room, rushing to his side. "How are you feeling?" Cassie questioned

"Tired, what happened, mom?" Baylen asked

"Nothing you should worry about, bay." Stu told him

"Baylen, Tatum said that you saw a woman. Did you get a good look at her?" Billy questioned

"Not really, but she..she had a scar , I think it was a scar. It was on her neck, and.. she had brown hair, but I couldn't see her face." Baylen replied

Billy, Cassie, and stu shared a look. "I remember her saying that it wasn't personal, and she called me Bay." Baylen added.

"You don't have to worry about her, okay? We won't let anything happen to you anymore." Cassie told him.

"I- I'm not worried about myself, mom. I.. I think she was the one in the house." Baylen said

"Don't worry, Bay. Everything is going to be fine."
-------------------------------------
Word count - 709

Hope you enjoy!